+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ajax

Ajax

I haven't watched them for a few years but i am watching them for 2nd time in 2 weeks. I watched them beat Feyenoord and now I'm watching them run all over Schalke.

I must say they're an absolute joy to watch. They are young and dynamic.

Patrick Kluivert's son looks the real deal. He's 17 but his decision making is that of a 25 year old. Keep an eye on him.

Another thing, if i was Conte i wouldn't spend 40 million on Lukaku I'd just call Bertrand Traore back off loan. He's run Schalke ragged!

Re: Ajax

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I haven't watched them for a few years but i am watching them for 2nd time in 2 weeks. I watched them beat Feyenoord and now I'm watching them run all over Schalke.

I must say they're an absolute joy to watch. They are young and dynamic.

Patrick Kluivert's son looks the real deal. He's 17 but his decision making is that of a 25 year old. Keep an eye on him.

Another thing, if i was Conte i wouldn't spend 40 million on Lukaku I'd just call Bertrand Traore back off loan. He's run Schalke ragged!
    Yeah quite a few people were surprised that Traore went back out on loan this season, he's going to be quality.

Hakim Ziyech is another quality player, although he does have a lot of wasteful shots on goal.

He was excellent against Feyenoord.

The boy Younis was really good tonight on the left. It's great to see an Ajax team playing with the same imagination and invention of the old Rinus Michels teams

Have you ever seen one of the Ajax entrada things?

I went to the Amsterdam Arena a year ago to watch Ajax. I was thoroughly unimpressed with either the performance or the Atmosphere there (after glorious experiences in Germany in the last few years). I felt glad when PSV pipped them to the title on the final day last season, and hope Feyenoord hold on this season.

I'm interested in the progress of both Kluivert & Donny Van de Beek though. Both special talents for the future.

My Mam always preferred Vim to Ajax back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Have you ever seen one of the Ajax entrada things?
    I've been looking at a few since you said. Looks like good fun fair play.

Besiktas were a bit wild last night. Maddest ground i have ever been to.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've been looking at a few since you said. Looks like good fun fair play.

Besiktas were a bit wild last night. Maddest ground i have ever been to.
    Never done a Turkish game but what I've seen via media does suggest it can be quite lively.

On the Ajax theme, watched Ajax at De Kuip (away cage) in 92. Bergkamp imperiously took Feyenoord apart. That was an eye opener to European football.