+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slade gets a new job. Again

Slade gets a new job. Again

Former boss takes up his third job this season

More...

Re: Slade gets a new job. Again

Funny old game indeed..
    If any of us applied for a job and had to explain why we had been sacked / let go from our last three jobs, we wouldn't expect to get far, let alone a relatively plump salary to go with it.

To be fair I think he deserves a job and we may find if he gets enough time he will get a lower team going again

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    To be fair I think he deserves a job and we may find if he gets enough time he will get a lower team going again
    I don't wish ill will on anybody - but with a shite record in the last year, I don't see why he "deserve"s a job as a league Manager ahead of any other potential candidates?
    Perhaps there are others who might 'deserve' a crack at it more than he does.
    Good luck to the guy. But he'll run out of chances if he doesn't make it work.

One day he'll find his level...Maybe a team like Basingstoke Town in the Southern Premier is where he'll eventually shine...

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    One day he'll find his level...Maybe a team like Basingstoke Town in the Southern Premier is where he'll eventually shine...
    Where do you think we will finish this season?
    Probably around 15th which incidentally is where we stand on average home attendences.
    Thats progress from last season eh?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Probably around 15th which incidentally is where we stand on average home attendences.
    After the start we had this season, yes it is.

We'll finish above 15th.

Do you think Slade would have got us close to the playoffs had he not been sacked? I don't. Not for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We'll finish above 15th.

Do you think Slade would have got us close to the playoffs had he not been sacked? I don't. Not for a second.
    Based on last season? We'd have started off better than we did under Trollope. Given that, then yes we would have got closer to the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Based on last season? We'd have started off better than we did under Trollope. Given that, then yes we would have got closer to the play offs.
    I wonder if he will last his usual 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I wonder if he will last his usual 6 months?
    Yes that's about his usual time before he's found out

Although the football was terrible and verging on the unwatchable Slade didn't do that bad a job considering the restrictions placed on him by the hierarchy. The position in the table last year under Slade is likely to exceed anything we achieve this season. Much of the criticism of Slade is unwarranted in the circumstances although I most certainly wouldn't want him to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Yes that's about his usual time before he's found out
    Warnock has managed 17 clubs Slade 12. It would appear we have. Replaced one journey man with an even bigger journey man?

Warnock has managed 17 clubs Slade 12. It would appear we have. Replaced one journey man with an even bigger journey man?
    Warnock has 7 promotions to his name, and is eying a record 8th before his retirement.

Slade's still looking for his 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Warnock has 7 promotions to his name, and is eying a record 8th before his retirement.

Slade's still looking for his 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I don't wish ill will on anybody - but with a shite record in the last year, I don't see why he "deserve"s a job as a league Manager ahead of any other potential candidates?
    Perhaps there are others who might 'deserve' a crack at it more than he does.
    Good luck to the guy. But he'll run out of chances if he doesn't make it work.
    He wasn't a disaster for Cardiff , did his job , cleared out the overpaid crap ,steadied a sinking OGS ship , had no real money , hit by FFP he had a tough job with no wriggle room , and I know of a lot of others who would have struggled ,instead of criticism , give him some due respect at leaset , even if he wasn't your cup of tea ,he's not bloody evil.

One is a well respected sought-after, upper leagues Manager with a provable, generally successful pedigree and the ability to engender enthusiasm. Something which he has already done, already. Yet again.

The other is competent/incompetent (who actually knows?), lower-league, cliché riddled, ex PE Teacher who defies gravity by landing on his feet after every bumpy fall.
    He did do a fair job at City, and ended up somehow finishing way higher than anybody could have guessed given the likelihood.
    But then, someone('s) will win the lottery every week against the odds of more than 16 million to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He wasn't a disaster for Cardiff , did his job , cleared out the overpaid crap ,steadied a sinking OGS ship , had no real money , hit by FFP he had a tough job with no wriggle room , and I know of a lot of others who would have struggled ,instead of criticism , give him some due respect at leaset , even if he wasn't your cup of tea ,he's not bloody evil.
    Blimey ;) All hail Russell Slade - "hes not evil". What a commendation
    I never said he was 'evil'. Nobody did. Quite frankly I'm not even sure where you are headed with that.

He did an OK/good job of the things you mentioned.
    His ability as a football manager has been illustrated since. Dismal.
    It's OK, we have one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    One is a well respected sought-after, upper leagues Manager with a provable, generally successful pedigree and the ability to engender enthusiasm. Something which he has already done, already. Yet again.

The other is competent/incompetent (who actually knows?), lower-league, cliché riddled, ex PE Teacher who defies gravity by landing on his feet after every bumpy fall.
    He did do a fair job at City, and ended up somehow finishing way higher than anybody could have guessed given the likelihood.
    But then, someone('s) will win the lottery every week against the odds of more than 16 million to 1.
    Warnock is likely to be gone before the end of the year. Hes managed nearly 20% of all the clubs in the 4 leagues. Its an incredible record but it shows he does move around an awful lot and he probably will again?

Warnock is likely to be gone before the end of the year. Hes managed nearly 20% of all the clubs in the 4 leagues. Its an incredible record but it shows he does move around an awful lot and he probably will again?
    Is that a statement or a question or a fishing line?