+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock's Post Match Interview

Warnock's Post Match Interview

On CC Player pulls no punches! I don't expect Jazz to be playing Monday if his comments are anything to go by!!

Re: Warnock's Post Match Interview

What did he say?

I thought the same.

Went along the lines of "if one player had shown the desire to get hurt (put his head to the ball when foresteri attacked the rebound) then we would have got a draw. I can't stand that"

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I thought the same.

Went along the lines of "if one player had shown the desire to get hurt (put his head to the ball when foresteri attacked the rebound) then we would have got a draw. I can't stand that"
    Harsh. It was a fairly meaningless game for us where a head injury could have risked his career. Are you sure he didn't want jazz to stick his foot to the ball? It was a height where he might not have been sent off.

“I thought we controlled large parts,” said Neil Warnock.

“I thought they had one shot in the first half and then the goal in the second half. I’m disappointed with the goal because you have got to have the desire to keep your goal in tact, you’ve got to get hurt. And if one of my players had got hurt we would have come away with a draw. I can’t stand that really, with all the effort we put in, one player can’t put his head on the line, there’s something wrong there.” (see picture, Warnock questioning Jazz Richards' desire to get to the ball ahead of the Wednesday striker)

“I can’t remember a threat, if I’m honest. We are talking about a team sixth in the league, spending 10, 12 million whatever they spent in January and last summer and we haven’t spent a penny so that gives us a lot of confidence really.”

“I thought it was a very even game really. A mid-table battle.”

C:WindowsTempphpD0DE.tmp

Wednesday boss Carlos Carvalhal said

"We played against a team with a coach that I know very well and he knows everything about the competition. A very difficult team to play against because they prepare corners, the throws, the free-kicks.

"The game was broken, too much broken. But we knew this before the game, that we will play against a team with this kind of style. They play more physical and I think we prepared very well.

"We score one goal, we win, we achieve a victory which is very important. I just want to say we did a fantastic performance against Newcastle, winning, and we did a fantastic victory against Cardiff, winning again.

"I think in the second half people were a little nervous, one period or another, but our fans were amazing again. Everybody understood that we must be patient in this moment and we achieve a goal and this is the most important. So everybody is happy, we are happy."

Watching the highlights then I think we were very unlucky not come away with something from that game. That seems to reflect the views of those fans there too. I think it still looks promising for next year...