+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: World snooker championships thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: World snooker championships thread

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Exactly.
    He said he feared for his life so just went with it. What did him and his agent think they were going to when they met those notw blokes?
    Lee had much less evidence against him.
    I felt much the same as you so did a bit of research on this .

Apparently, Higgins was lured to the Ukraine by the NOW on the pretence of a major sponsorship deal, when there he was asked if he would throw frames of snooker for money. He agreed , but never did.
    The defence was he was like a rabbit in the headlamps and had nowhere to go but agree to the proposal.
    His agent at the time was banned for life.

It was a very controversial decision to ban him for 6 months , snooker was on the decline and no one wants to watch a sport where the result is predetermined by the players.
    I stopped watching snooker around that time as did many more I would guess.

Steve Davis was saying snooker is growing massively world wide even if it is in decline in this country.

I watched most of the final as I had bet Selby to win when he was 4-2 down , and doubled it with Spurs .A rare profitable weekend.

With a bet on it it was very watchable.

Re: World snooker championships thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I felt much the same as you so did a bit of research on this .

Apparently, Higgins was lured to the Ukraine by the NOW on the pretence of a major sponsorship deal, when there he was asked if he would throw frames of snooker for money. He agreed , but never did.
    The defence was he was like a rabbit in the headlamps and had nowhere to go but agree to the proposal.
    His agent at the time was banned for life.

It was a very controversial decision to ban him for 6 months , snooker was on the decline and no one wants to watch a sport where the result is predetermined by the players. Doesn't seem to bother WWF fans.
    I stopped watching snooker around that time as did many more I would guess.

Steve Davis was saying snooker is growing massively world wide even if it is in decline in this country.

I watched most of the final as I had bet Selby to win when he was 4-2 down , and doubled it with Spurs .A rare profitable weekend.

With a bet on it it was very watchable.