+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stocks and Shares isa

Banned

Stocks and Shares isa

Anyone got any trading tips or regularly buys a certain share?
    I'm putting £200 per month into Thomas Cook at currently 86p per share.
    Their shares have plummeted since the EU vote last year, but I'm taking a punt they'll dip again after brexit but will slowly climb back up in 20 years time, by the time I'm 60.
    I dabbled last week in the AIM, bought £107.50 worth of shares in Fitbug at 0.14 of a penny, giving me 75000 odd shares, they climbed to 0.2 p per share the day after worth 150 bucks.
    Better than the 0.05% I was getting for the cash isa

Re: Stocks and Shares isa

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Anyone got any trading tips or regularly buys a certain share?
    I'm putting £200 per month into Thomas Cook at currently 86p per share.
    Their shares have plummeted since the EU vote last year, but I'm taking a punt they'll dip again after brexit but will slowly climb back up in 20 years time, by the time I'm 60.
    I dabbled last week in the AIM, bought £107.50 worth of shares in Fitbug at 0.14 of a penny, giving me 75000 odd shares, they climbed to 0.2 p per share the day after worth 150 bucks.
    Better than the 0.05% I was getting for the cash isa

" in 20 years time, by the time I'm 60." Who you trying to Fff ing kid

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    " in 20 years time, by the time I'm 60." Who you trying to Fff ing kid
    Oi. I'm 40 next month

So why are you buying them now?

dont no nothin about shares although l was given some by my bosses but if l was into all that I'd be looking at companies who make bomb shelters right know got to be a good earner don't you think?

You can get some cash ISA's paying 1.5/ 6%.

You can transfer an existing one for 20k ,and open a new one in the same year.

Google Top Isa Rates

P2P lending. Getting 8% interest on this atm.

Generally speaking I'd tend to invest in funds rather than individual shares. Let the fund managers, who are a bit more informed about the markets, make the decision on which shares to deal in. I've got a few shares but it's a real gamble generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Generally speaking I'd tend to invest in funds rather than individual shares. Let the fund managers, who are a bit more informed about the markets, make the decision on which shares to deal in. I've got a few shares but it's a real gamble generally.

Sensible , Hargreaves and Landsowne are very switched on , you may though not like the Brizzie connections

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Sensible , Hargreaves and Landsowne are very switched on , you may though not like the Brizzie connections
    Cavendish online are cheaper. And I agree about leaving it to the fund managers.

Yes I use HL. They aren't the cheapest but they are best in terms of service and information.

Said a couple of years ago on here that Lloyds bank shares were great value at 40 pence a share. They have risen to 62 pence so a decent profit will have been made but they are still ridiculously low for a company that has made impressive profits over the past couple of years.
    Well worth buying.I buy £30 Lloyds shares every month and have done so for nearly seven years