+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Way to an Independent and Prosperous Wales

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Way to an Independent and Prosperous Wales

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I speak fluent Welsh but I'm not from one of the "Welshie" areas of Cardiff (Pontcanna) and I think that some of the blame for the lack of Welsh speakers can be laid at the door at some Welsh speakers who have an elitist attitude to wards the language and that discourages people from learning and using the language

I'd have guessed that Pontcanna was a buttie area
    Welsh is quite often heard in the Three Arches, I have lived in my current house for 25 years and have always had a Welsh speaking neighbor, on occasions both sides have been fluent Welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I speak fluent Welsh but I'm not from one of the "Welshie" areas of Cardiff (Pontcanna) and I think that some of the blame for the lack of Welsh speakers can be laid at the door at some Welsh speakers who have an elitist attitude to wards the language and that discourages people from learning and using the language
    Could be. And another barrier may be that it's impossible to find a Welsh speaker who doesn't speak English - whereas one can usually find somewhere in other countries where our basic grasp of the language is the only medium of communication, which helps.

Banned

un o bobl, un wlad, un arweinydd