17 32.08%
  • Mid Table?

11 20.75%
  • Bottom half?

3 5.66%
  • In trouble?

1 1.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next season. Do you think we will...

Re: Next season. Do you think we will...

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I heard it from the man himself.
    Are you saying he's a liar ?
    Or me ?
    IN THE KNOW!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Warnock has managed 2 promotions in the last 21 years so I wouldn't hold your breath on us going up next season. Unless he fecks off and we get a manager in who wants his team to play football.
    The guy's taken us from looking like a relegation-bound crock of shite to safely in mid-table whilst playing decent football (not passing play, but attacking play nonetheless), cut him some slack

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    IN THE KNOW!!!!!
    Hardly.
    There were 200 people at Caerphilly Social Club when Warnock said this. I'm sure he would have said similar in the other Q and A sessions he's done in Mountain Ash, Bryncethin etc...

I heard it from the man himself.
    Are you saying he's a liar ?
    Or me ?
    What does 'interested' mean in this context, Tim? Does Warnock claim Derby actually offered him a job? Does he claim Derby merely spoke to him about their managerial position? Or does he claim something different altogether?

Personally, I'd take pretty much everything Warnock says with a pinch of salt if I were you. He's a master at saying things the fans of the clubs he manages want to hear, but he's always been prone to exaggeration, to put it mildly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What does 'interested' mean in this context, Tim? Does Warnock claim Derby actually offered him a job? Does he claim Derby merely spoke to him about their managerial position? Or does he claim something different altogether?

Personally, I'd take pretty much everything Warnock says with a pinch of salt if I were you. He's a master at saying things the fans of the clubs he manages want to hear, but he's always been prone to exaggeration, to put it mildly.
    I can't remember his exact words, but he was certainly approached by Derby, but turned them down as he'd shook on the deal with Dalman.
    Whether he would have got the job or not who knows, but even the fact they wanted to speak to him shows that other clubs who harbour hopes of promotion still have him in mind.

Pity you didn't go as you would have had chance to make copious notes and inform us all in detail 😉

I can't remember his exact words, but he was certainly approached by Derby, but turned them down as he'd shook on the deal with Dalman.
    Whether he would have got the job or not who knows, but even the fact they wanted to speak to him shows that other clubs who harbour hopes of promotion still have him in mind.

Pity you didn't go as you would have had chance to make copious notes and inform us all in detail 😉
    Sounds sketchy to me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    One of those at QPR where they outspent everyone, a luxury he's not going to get here.

Cardiff's fortunes depend where Zohore is after August 31.
    It took him 7 years to get Sheffield promoted then he got them relegated the following season.
    He has spent a total of 18 months in the Premiership in 25 years.
    I like Neil but I don't think he's the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    It took him 7 years to get Sheffield promoted then he got them relegated the following season.
    He has spent a total of 18 months in the Premiership in 25 years.

I like Neil but I don't think he's the answer.
    Remind me how many promotions has Russ had in his long illustrious career?

His QPR team won the championship in a stylish manner Russ could only dream about and was a lot easier on the eye than Malky's league winners.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Where else would he go if he didn't stay at Cardiff? Warnock seems to believe this is his level and he's got a couple more years of management left in him. Personally, given
    his recent track record, I doubt any other club who is seriously aiming for the upper reaches of the Championship would give him a job.
    His promotion with QPR was not that long ago. Would imagine the Trees regret not giving him the job earlier this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Interesting point. Warnock is never likely to be an appointment that is a part of a long term plan, so he's only going to be a short term fixer. In that respect, if he doesn't stay with City, he can bide his time and he'll surely generate interest from teams that sack their managers early on because they've started badly. Not having a club at the start of the season might even be better for him. On a short term contract he might be able to demand a decent wage. He still clearly loves the crack of the game, so I don't think he'll retire just yet.

Thinking about Warnock being more of a short term fix, I do wonder that if he was to do the improbable and get City back into the Premier League, a new manager would likely rip up everything Warnock has done and start again. Not ideal in terms of survival.

It has to be about one season at a time.
    Whether we are competing for promotion or not there will be plans being considered next spring to replace NW for 18/19, assuming he's still with us.