17 32.08%
  • Mid Table?

11 20.75%
  • Bottom half?

3 5.66%
  • In trouble?

1 1.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next season. Do you think we will...

Next season. Do you think we will...

Win outright promotion?
    Play offs?
    Just miss out?
    Mid table?
    Will NW get sacked?

Re: Next season. Do you think we will...

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Win outright promotion?
    Play offs?
    Just miss out?
    Mid table?
    Will NW get sacked?
    Unless we get some strength in depth I think we'll miss out. I also think we're lacking a bit of quality overall.

If Tan gives Neil some money,about 5/6 million I think We can make the play offs

Too early to tell, but I'm hoping for at least a challenge

Pointless until we see what the squad will be.Try again in August

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Too early to tell, but I'm hoping for at least a challenge
    Like many I thought we had a good players playing badly. NW has got the best out of them and certainly improved some, but collectively still average. Momentum and confidence would improve the team further as will hopefully the right new players.

I can't see us having as good a season as Leeds or Huddersfield are having this year. However, I can't see any of the three dropping down being as immediately successful as Newcastle or anyone who has built success over two or three years as Brighton have so the standards at the top will have decreased slightly and that could open up the door for a number of clubs including ourselves.

I suspect that Warnock's already been told he'll have the backing to give it a good go otherwise I don't think he'd have stayed.
    I reckon our current squad is good enough to make the playoffs a realistic target, spend a bit of cash wisely and we could be pushing for automatic. Either way I'm anticipating an exciting season.
    Only fly in the ointment is that I'm currently on holiday reading Warnock's book "the gaffer" great read but on more than one occasion he admits he's not very good at signing quality strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I can't see us having as good a season as Leeds or Huddersfield are having this year. However, I can't see any of the three dropping down being as immediately successful as Newcastle or anyone who has built success over two or three years as Brighton have so the standards at the top will have decreased slightly and that could open up the door for a number of clubs including ourselves.
    Out of the 3 coming down I can see Middlesborough doing well. They are a solid unit and well suited to the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I suspect that Warnock's already been told he'll have the backing to give it a good go otherwise I don't think he'd have stayed.
    I reckon our current squad is good enough to make the playoffs a realistic target, spend a bit of cash wisely and we could be pushing for automatic. Either way I'm anticipating an exciting season.
    Only fly in the ointment is that I'm currently on holiday reading Warnock's book "the gaffer" great read but on more than one occasion he admits he's not very good at signing quality strikers.
    Are you on holiday with Taunton Blue Genie???

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Are you on holiday with Taunton Blue Genie???
    Not as far as I know

Gosh a difficult one, it's a strange , tough and unpredictable league, who would have put money on Brighton getting automatic promotion (other than wishful seagull fans).

It depends on who comes down , if falied play off teams survive disappointment.

Who gets backing ,who doesn't.

Play offs at best.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Where else would he go if he didn't stay at Cardiff? Warnock seems to believe this is his level and he's got a couple more years of management left in him. Personally, given his recent track record, I doubt any other club who is seriously aiming for the upper reaches of the Championship would give him a job.

I think we will be challenging for the play offs but just come up short.

However lets see who comes in and who goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Where else would he go if he didn't stay at Cardiff? Warnock seems to believe this is his level and he's got a couple more years of management left in him. Personally, given his recent track record, I doubt any other club who is seriously aiming for the upper reaches of the Championship would give him a job.
    He could retire?

Interesting point. Warnock is never likely to be an appointment that is a part of a long term plan, so he's only going to be a short term fixer. In that respect, if he doesn't stay with City, he can bide his time and he'll surely generate interest from teams that sack their managers early on because they've started badly. Not having a club at the start of the season might even be better for him. On a short term contract he might be able to demand a decent wage. He still clearly loves the crack of the game, so I don't think he'll retire just yet.

Thinking about Warnock being more of a short term fix, I do wonder that if he was to do the improbable and get City back into the Premier League, a new manager would likely rip up everything Warnock has done and start again. Not ideal in terms of survival.

Derby were interested in Warnock at the time City took him on, hardly a team who are happy to stay in the Championship.

Banned

Warnock has managed 2 promotions in the last 21 years so I wouldn't hold your breath on us going up next season. Unless he fecks off and we get a manager in who wants his team to play football.

Unless we sign a Taraabt type, we might squeeze into the play offs.

There is no doubt he is a short term answer , which we need, I just hope the alleged tutorage he can give and pass onto Bellamy, maybe the long term answer .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Derby were interested in Warnock at the time City took him on
    Allegedly.

Allegedly.
    Fake news allegedly.,Glad they changed there minds .

To be fair before the Cardiff appointment, I don't think many clubs would take a punt on Warnock they seem to be looking for a modern tactical type of coach/manager.

Warnock is old skool and not many left with his tactics as it may not work with the more established footballers minds .

He's great at shaking the tree of squads who are struggling of at a low ebb , ie Rotherham and City , if he can keep the neculeas of our squad he may get a momentum going to get the team into a top 6 after that it's about lady luck and sensible investment .

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Warnock has managed 2 promotions in the last 21 years so I wouldn't hold your breath on us going up next season. Unless he fecks off and we get a manager in who wants his team to play football.
    One of those at QPR where they outspent everyone, a luxury he's not going to get here.

Cardiff's fortunes depend where Zohore is after August 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    That's an interesting slant on stats. 2 promotions in 21 years becomes 4 promotions in 23 years and 7 promotions in 30 years. Which ever you want to choose, I guess.

What are Slade's stats with regard promotions won?

Allegedly.
    I heard it from the man himself.
    Are you saying he's a liar ?
    Or me ?