+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What next for Pilkington?

What next for Pilkington?

For me, one of the best players in the club. Under contract for a while yet too. However it seems he's not fancied by Warnock.

Looks to me like he'll be sold in the summer and that's a shame.

Scores goals and is one who has a bit of fight in him. One of last season's best players.

I like him in behind the striker and don't think Warnock has used him enough in there.

Re: What next for Pilkington?

I think he's a bit like Manga with us. Been here 3 seasons nearly and good in parts. First season he was injured and played 20 games (5 15 starts), last season he was good, top scorer as well with 9 and played 38+3 sub. This season 17 starts and 12 sub but has 7 goals. So a total of 70+20 appearances (out of a possible 134) and 17 goals. I think you are right about Warnock because he's barely featured under him, and looks to be on his way. Manga has played 51+10 sub over the same period.

I think Warnock wants more consistency from both of them, they are on good wages but I expect them to be gone this summer.

Maybe best on paper but hasn't shown it for ages for me.

Not a striker regardless of the experiment and I don't see him as a first choice winger every time.

Obviously a great championship player but I don't see where he fits in the team.

Im not convinced we will get someone to buy him and match his wages.

More than happy for him to stay though.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think he's a bit like Manga with us. Been here 3 seasons nearly and good in parts. First season he was injured and played 20 games (5 15 starts), last season he was good, top scorer as well with 9 and played 38+3 sub. This season 17 starts and 12 sub but has 7 goals. So a total of 70+20 appearances (out of a possible 134) and 17 goals. I think you are right about Warnock because he's barely featured under him, and looks to be on his way. Manga has played 51+10 sub over the same period.

I think Warnock wants more consistency from both of them, they are on good wages but I expect them to be gone this summer.
    Spot on,it about value for money ,were not big enough to carry players that yes have the talent but dont always play or show it ,and their wages therefore don't prove value for money , I think a few others are in this camp , Noone, Connolly,Lambert, Hudson and sadly Whitt's ,if he doesn't reduce his wage, its about economies of scale for us now , if we are to survive and move on ,we need to be ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spot on,it about value for money ,were not big enough to carry players that yes have the talent but dont always play or show it ,and their wages therefore don't prove value for money , I think a few others are in this camp , Noone, Connolly,Lambert, Hudson and sadly Whitt's ,if he doesn't reduce his wage, its about economies of scale for us now , if we are to survive and move on ,we need to be ruthless

I don't rate him at all. Plays for himself and doesn't seem to understand the game in my opinion