+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big one for County this afternoon...

Big one for County this afternoon...

Win at home against Yeovil (3 places above them) would give them a massive boost going into the last few weeks.

Rivals Orient and Cheltenham both play away whilst Hartlepool have play-off chasers Carlisle at home.

First Team

Re: Big one for County this afternoon...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Win at home against Yeovil (3 places above them) would give them a massive boost going into the last few weeks.

Rivals Orient and Cheltenham both play away whilst Hartlepool have play-off chasers Carlisle at home.
    I thought they were basket cases a few weeks ago. A few decent results and now there is some hope although they really need a win today or else it becomes a real struggle.
    That said they may end up homeless with the WRU wanting to buy up Rodney Parade as football will undoubtably be squeezed out if the purchase goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I thought they were basket cases a few weeks ago. A few decent results and now there is some hope although they really need a win today or else it becomes a real struggle.
    That said they may end up homeless with the WRU wanting to buy up Rodney Parade as football will undoubtably be squeezed out if the purchase goes through.
    Surely

the wru wouldn't do that surely

0-0 at H/T Hartlepool losing

Just gone 1 up, direct from free kick

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Just gone 1 up, direct from free kick
    County out of bottom three as it stands

Orient 2-1 up at the moment

Hartlepool 1-1
    Last edited by Llanedeyrnblue; 14-04-17 at 15:26.

Back in bottom 2 now Hartlepool 1-1

County win 1-0
    Hartlepool draw
    Orient draw

Would be a great escape if they could manage it , I do feel. sorry for them even if they survive,they could be doomed with no ground, could ground share with us I suppose.

I really hope they can do it. Mike Flynn is doing a great job. A few weeks ago they were 11 points off safety.Now its just 1. However they are away to Plymouth on Monday whilst Hartlepool are at all but down Orient. So its still going to be tough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Surely

the wru wouldn't do that surely
    Maybe the WRU could give them use of the Principality.

Well, the FA are letting Spurs have Wembley

Two teams immediately above play each other in a fortnight or so which could have massive implications. Yeovil may have been dragged into it but have a much easier run in and four point headstart.

County need to pick up and unlikely something on Monday or their form is likely to have started too late.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Two teams immediately above play each other in a fortnight or so which could have massive implications. Yeovil may have been dragged into it but have a much easier run in and four point headstart.

County need to pick up and unlikely something on Monday or their form is likely to have started too late.
    They could do with Orient beating Hartlepool on Monday. Don't rule out Yeovil though as their run in is not that easy.

I can remember seeing County beat eventual champions Cambridge 4-2 (Brian Clark scored a hat trick) and Workington in that team's last ever league match on their way to a great escape in 77/78 when everyone was accepting in February/March that they would have to apply for re-election (again).
    I'd rate getting out of the bottom two from the position they were in before Flynn took over to be a bigger achievement though and they have the momentum now to do so. However, home games against two of League Two's form sides in Accrington and Notts County and trips to Plymouth and Carlisle looks to be a very tough run in to me and, although I hope I'm wrong, I can still see them coming up just short and dropping out of the League.

From a Newport perspective it must be gut wrenching that the team you despise and see as your main rivals see you as such an irrelevance that the majority of our fans want them to do well

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    From a Newport perspective it must be gut wrenching that the team you despise and see as your main rivals see you as such an irrelevance that the majority of our fans want them to do well

It's almost the ultimate insult ;)

Up the Ceywnty.

Good point.
    And n that note, let's hope Bristol city can avoid the drop

County 2-0 down at Plymouth

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    County 2-0 down at Plymouth
    6-0 now.

6-1

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    6-0 now.
    Between them and Hartlepools United for non-league football.