+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lovely finish from Tammy Abraham today

Lovely finish from Tammy Abraham today

Scored a shed lead in a crap team, presumably he'll be on loan again next season,i wonder if he could be a good partner for Zohore? Worth pursuing?

Re: Lovely finish from Tammy Abraham today

I agree. Looks a very decent player. Hopefully we can sign him. Think he can play wide also so we can still use one up front if need be.

Will go to a club that has a great chance of promotion. He has been the shining light in a crap team, won't be surprised if he is loaned out to Brighton next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Will go to a club that has a great chance of promotion. He has been the shining light in a crap team, won't be surprised if he is loaned out to Brighton next year.
    That makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Brighton are already promoted to the premier league!

Why don't we ever go for young loan players from the top half of the Premier League? It works with other clubs. Why do Cardiff always seem to be behind the times?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Why don't we ever go for young loan players from the top half of the Premier League? It works with other clubs. Why do Cardiff always seem to be behind the times?
    We always go for the quick fix, why go for a Tammy Abraham when you can get a Rickie Lambert, Robbie Fowler, JF Hasselbaink etc etc etc.
    Same with managers, we never try to build anything, a system, our own identity we just keep bumbling along. Even Warnock would be off even if we did miraculously go up leaving us back at square one
    Bit off topic I know!

This is why bellamy is being groomed for the top spot

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    We always go for the quick fix, why go for a Tammy Abraham when you can get a Rickie Lambert, Robbie Fowler, JF Hasselbaink etc etc etc.
    Same with managers, we never try to build anything, a system, our own identity we just keep bumbling along. Even Warnock would be off even if we did miraculously go up leaving us back at square one
    Bit off topic I know!
    Last one must've been Eddie Newton. It's not as if that one went tits up is it?

There are as many duff premier league loans as successful ones, the top clubs are more likely to send the real talent abroad than to the championship these days so there are pretty slim pickings.

It's a good point but I guess a young loanee from the prem would get kicked to pieces in the championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Brighton are already promoted to the premier league!
    Yes I know, hence the "won't be surprised" bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It's a good point but I guess a young loanee from the prem would get kicked to pieces in the championship?
    Um depends on the player, and the position.
    Abraham is still a teenager and has scored 24 times this season.
    Kasey Palmer has done well for Huddersfield and he's 20

I would like to see us pick up someone like Harry Wilson on loan as from what I have seen of him I am confident that he could do a very good job at championship level. With Kadeem & Nooney increasingly looking like they will not be with us next season, Wilson could be a quality replacement

Digging a little deeper, Chelsea have 38 players out on loan this season.
    That is ridiculous.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/2896/...ewed-and-rated

Plenty of those would be very good in the championship.

Chelsea will be requesting a LARGE loan fee now that he has done that for such a poor side.

Last one must've been Eddie Newton. It's not as if that one went tits up is it?
    We had Zaha and JET from big clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    We had Zaha and JET from big clubs.
    Young decent players. There are plenty out there.

Etuhu...........

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Etuhu...........
    Bless you