+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilks = dross; Morrison = embarrassingly slow; Harris = abysmal; Gunnars = exceptional

Pilks = dross; Morrison = embarrassingly slow; Harris = abysmal; Gunnars = exceptional

Never been a fan of Pilks, but today he was so poor. Best be shot of him.

Morrisson was exposed time and again as having the turning circle of a tanker and the speed of a tortoise.

Harris - well, a fortnight ago I wondered if he would ever try to beat his fullback. The answer today was a deafening 'NO'. He was pathetic and Warlock gave him a right boll***ing in front of everyone. Get rid.

Gunnars came out in the second half obviously determined to set an example of industry and application - and hit a screamer. Next season's skipper?

Re: Pilks = dross; Morrison = embarrassingly slow; Harris = abysmal; Gunnars = exceptional

Can't argue with that mate. But I would prefer Bamba as Captain.
    Spedger

Re: Pilks = dross; Morrison = embarrassingly slow; Harris = abysmal; Gunnars = exceptional

We were lethargic today in parts. Kadeem had a day to forget - if that was him negotiating a contract then he's just wiped half his value off.

Zohore played well and Gunnars shot was superb, as was Whitts in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    We huffed and puffed a bit today.
    Personally I would prefer Morrison playing in my team than for the opposition, puts his body on the line and will get stuck in (think Warnock likes that)

Harris - very skillful - but often forgets to take the ball with him.
    Pilks - 50/50

I think Noone will be gone , as well as Conolly, Gounoungbe is a goner, so is Declan John,Kennedy, Manga, and maybe Whitts if he wont take a pay cut.

I think Warnock will be looking to bring in about 5 new players, his main problem will be another striker though - if he can find one.
    If 7 players are to leave as you suggest, we will need to bring in a few more than 5 new players. We need more strength in depth. £5-6m to spend and a few good free's as well as bringing some younger players on.

I thought Morrison was very good. He bails Manga out when Manga goes walkabouts.
    Pilkington is dreadful

I though Pilks was awful, but I think he always is. Morrison was poor in the first have but excellent in the second half. Harris was terrible, but never mind Neil brough on Halford for Whitts? Manga and Whittingham were excellent , but both will be gone next season sadly. I heard today from a family member that Whitts has been told to go. Personally I'd rather Warnock went.

No Connolly on the bench, another non appearance of Noone and Declan John gone and forgotten. Still Warnock has Halford to steady the ship, all is not lost. I reckon we need about 8- 10 players to make a push for the play offs. If we have to rely on this lot next year it will be 14th again.

Manga was superb in patches, but still gave 2 chances to Forest by losing concentration.

He's off anyway and Bamba will take his place.

Morrison was poor first half, 2 no half much better.

Compliments Bamba OR Manga well.

I thought Morrison had his best game for a while today.
    Maybe not the most skilful, maybe a bit old school, but did more than his fair share of work to get a clean sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I though Pilks was awful, but I think he always is. Morrison was poor in the first have but excellent in the second half. Harris was terrible, but never mind Neil brough on Halford for Whitts? Manga and Whittingham were excellent , but both will be gone next season sadly. I heard today from a family member that Whitts has been told to go. Personally I'd rather Warnock went.

No Connolly on the bench, another non appearance of Noone and Declan John gone and forgotten. Still Warnock has Halford to steady the ship, all is not lost. I reckon we need about 8- 10 players to make a push for the play offs. If we have to rely on this lot next year it will be 14th again.
    Crikey. It's as if we lost today.

It was poor today I noticed that some players like Harris show plenty of pace going forward however I noticed that even a few yards away from an opposing player that same pace to get at them and defend in and around the halfway seems to disappear, I put that down to a lack of commitment, if Harris wants an improved contract he will have to earn it.

Think Pilk's struggles from playing out of position, he's a winger and cannot play with both feet as a forward .

Morrison does lay his body on the line however he has no pace, I suspect he will stay but the captains arm band should be Bambas next year .

Thought Hoilett was poor today and should have been subbed.

So glad Forest were poor as we could have lost , after a bright start the game died , until the cracking goal , which saw Harris do what is required of him in, running wide and cutting the ball back, very well .

Surley we can give a younsgter 15 minute's at the end to showcase himself up front , rather watching under performance , and tired legs .

Harris......never tries to beat his man instead passes inside to one of their players, he's had enough chances time to offload him

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Harris......never tries to beat his man instead passes inside to one of their players, he's had enough chances time to offload him
    I thought he did well when he set up Gunnarson today.

I was surprised how little Harris, Hoilett and Pilkington interchanged positions, they spent far more time getting in each others way than moving and creating space or options for each other.

Kadeem Harris is a con artist - he is not a good football player but obviously thinks he is

If you want to see a really decent winger who is a threat with the ball at his feet then the Forest lad Osbourne was it (He made Jazz Richards look a mug - Peltier is a must at right back) - not Kadeem can't beat a man Harris.

Pilkington is already playing as if he is elsewhere

Morrisson is a decent centre half and as we are losing Manga and by the looks of things Connolly as well he will be here next season

Gunnar is a warrior and Player of the Year

Morrison gets criticised regardless. Apart from once in the 1st half when he was slow to react to a through ball, he was pretty faultless, and put his body on the line a few times in the second half.

He's not the greatest centre half but he's far better that Ben Turner was - and he played in a promotion side and the Premiership,,

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Kadeem Harris is a con artist - he is not a good football player but obviously thinks he is

If you want to see a really decent winger who is a threat with the ball at his feet then the Forest lad Osbourne was it (He made Jazz Richards look a mug - Peltier is a must at right back) - not Kadeem can't beat a man Harris.

Pilkington is already playing as if he is elsewhere

Morrisson is a decent centre half and as we are losing Manga and by the looks of things Connolly as well he will be here next season

Gunnar is a warrior and Player of the Year
    I think Mustapha Caryol ( or something like that) was the chap you meant ( no 18).

He was lightning quick.

Love to see him here.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post

I detect sarcasm in your post. We certainly need to strengthen, but if you were to extrapolate Warnock's points tally over 46 games we would have 70 points, probably enough to finish 7th/8th.

I was disappointed not to see a bit of Mark Harris today. He was just about to be brought but then Gunnar scored and he was sent back to the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I was disappointed not to see a bit of Mark Harris today. He was just about to be brought but then Gunnar scored and he was sent back to the bench.
    Warnock should make him stand on the sideline more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think Mustapha Caryol ( or something like that) was the chap you meant ( no 18).

He was lightning quick.

Love to see him here.
    Yep you're right

However considering you confused Chopra with Earnie I'm allowed this one.

Also that Carayol hasn't played for Forest for ages - I wonder if they'd swap him for Kadeem

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I thought he did well when he set up Gunnarson today.
    One tidy pass, and he hardly set him up he was 25 yards out

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    One tidy pass, and he hardly set him up he was 25 yards out
    And his pass was deflected by a defender the pass was never meant for Gunnarsson, just saw the highlights

I can't understand why Whitts was taken off when Halford came on. Any of Pilks, Harris or Hoilett could have gone off instead. To me , Harris flatters to deceive and a few times he couldn't be arsed to chase back,when he lost the ball. I'm not Morrisons biggest fan but thought he had a really solid game game today. Still haven't seen anything Halford offers to want him in the team next season.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Yep you're right

However considering you confused Chopra with Earnie I'm allowed this one.

Also that Carayol hasn't played for Forest for ages - I wonder if they'd swap him for Kadeem
    Last time I tell you any of my secrets 😂 .

I'm sure Forest will see that as a fair swap. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    If anything the game happened in the wrong order for him as the first 65 minutes of parks football would have even encouraged Slade to bring on the kids yet Gunnarson's goal sparked something where the two teams wanted to compete. Even then it was still disappointing that he didn't get his chance; I can't see him being risked in the Newcastle or Huddersfield games which only leaves one left this year.

The only change I maybe would have altered was Ralls on for Pilkington and bring on Harris instead but otherwise Warnock got his right today.