+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brighton are promoted

Brighton are promoted

Well done

Re: Brighton are promoted

Hughton is very under-rated. He has done a great job.They have walked it and will be Champions.

Well done to them. Been through some troubled times and to miss out last year must have been a kick in the teeth. Maybe Hughton would've been our manager if he hadn't shown the West Ham badge during his interview.

Happy for Hughton a good manager that deserves another crack at the Premier league , he got Newcastle promoted then they shat on him for another manager.

Who would have thought it, Trollope coaching a premiership team after his disaster here.

It will be a tough task to stay there .

Brighton have spent a quarter of a billion pounds - £250 million. OK, probably half on the stadium etc., but Rotherham or Wigan would be promoted to the Premiership if they invested that much..

I feel that Brighton could be successful in the top flight. They've got a good size stadium, a pretty big catchment area and it's a pretty appealing place to attract footballers to. Given the choice of Burnley or Brighton I know where I'd rather go.

yep

Good luck to them.
    They could feasibly last in the PL.
    Quite nice to see any kind of shake-up to the same old, same old names.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Happy for Hughton a good manager that deserves another crack at the Premier league , he got Newcastle promoted then they shat on him for another manager.
    ^^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I feel that Brighton could be successful in the top flight. They've got a good size stadium, a pretty big catchment area and it's a pretty appealing place to attract footballers to. Given the choice of Burnley or Brighton I know where I'd rather go.
    Me too. I feel like this is becoming more and more of a factor in the modern game. Especially at the top.

Rather depends on how much you like pies and black puddings.

Couldn't really see "The Beast" choosing Brighton.

Lets hope they build some ffffing roads to get access to the place then.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Brighton have spent a quarter of a billion pounds - £250 million. OK, probably half on the stadium etc., but Rotherham or Wigan would be promoted to the Premiership if they invested that much..
    They spent 4 million on players this term, 8 million last. Anything before they either turned a profit or the net spend has been nominal.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    They spent 4 million on players this term, 8 million last. Anything before they either turned a profit or the net spend has been nominal.
    That's not much is it?? Good on them I say. After losing out to palace in the semi the other year was it? And last yeat they deserve a break having been down in the dungeon with us. Obv a top manager in getting them going after last year too....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Well done
    Yes agreed. They look a good side.

They just need to sort out the access to their stadium now! It will be chaos next season.