+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gunnarsson’s screamer adds to Forest fears.

Gunnarsson’s screamer adds to Forest fears.

Re: Gunnarsson’s screamer adds to Forest fears.

I hope they get relegated . Nice stepping stone for Mark Warburton ,master of tippy tappy football with no bite.

I don't want Harris to have any credit for Gunnar's goal. The replay clearly shows his 'pass' was diverted into Gunnars path by a defender. Harris was abysmal - and that period when he was even more shocking than before followed an 'injury' (stubbed his toe?) after which he obviously felt sorry for hisself and just wasn't up for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I don't want Harris to have any credit for Gunnar's goal. The replay clearly shows his 'pass' was diverted into Gunnars path by a defender. Harris was abysmal - and that period when he was even more shocking than before followed an 'injury' (stubbed his toe?) after which he obviously felt sorry for hisself and just wasn't up for anything.
    I disagree, Harris beat his full back and pulled the Forest defence out of shape with his run. When he crossed the ball, I commented that someone should have had the intelligence to have hung around the penalty area waiting for the pull back, but instead everyone made the same type of run towards goal.

Harris was poor yesterday, but he has shown over a period of months that he can cause defences problems at this level and would be second to Zohore in the award for most improved player of the season if it was my decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I disagree, Harris beat his full back and pulled the Forest defence out of shape with his run. When he crossed the ball, I commented that someone should have had the intelligence to have hung around the penalty area waiting for the pull back, but instead everyone made the same type of run towards goal.
    Check the video. Harris pulls the ball back towards the penalty spot (where there was no City forward) and it was diverted out to Gunnars.

You disagree Harris reacted with an even more dismal performance after a slight knock? Did you see the red-faced rollocking Warlock gave him shortly afterwards?

Check the video. Harris pulls the ball back towards the penalty spot (where there was no City forward) and it was diverted out to Gunnars.

You disagree Harris reacted with an even more dismal performance after a slight knock? Did you see the red-faced rollocking Warlock gave him shortly afterwards?
    No, I disagree about Harris not being given any credit for the goal - i said he was poor yesterday and I also know that it was a Forest player who provided the "assist" for the goal, but I think he is allowed one very bad game in half a season.

No, I disagree about Harris not being given any credit for the goal - i said he was poor yesterday and I also know that it was a Forest player who provided the "assist" for the goal, but I think he is allowed one very bad game in half a season.
    'One Very Bad Game'?????

Football is a game of opinions but this lad flatters to deceive - I'm of the opinion he's had 5 or 6 very good games in half a season interspersed with a majority of very average games. He was very poor yesterday but I've seen him a lot worse this season.

If an alternative is available I'd welcome it

However Warnock seems to rate him and he knows a lot more than me but compared to recent wingers such as Burke and Conway you get a lot less work and a lot less end product

^^^^
    Exactly - and you're being kind to say he's had 5 or 6 v good games.

Harris seems to me to have given up before he even steps onto the pitch. He rarely even thinks of trying to beat the full back for all his pace and usually passes back or cuts inside only to invariably lose the ball.

He has made little effort for us once his contract negotiations became public knowledge. I wouldn't say he's a disgrace to City - but only because I'm a polite person.

I'm not sure it's just one very bad game though Bob, he was shocking at Sheffield Wednesday and also in a few games prior. He rarely picks his head up to see what's around him, he uses his pace to get past a player and then just seems a bit lost! Hopefully it's just a bad run of form that he's on, but he seems to have got worse since Warnock called him out a little, when mentioning that he wouldn't work under a better manager than him, a month or so back.

^^^^
    Exactly - and you're being kind to say he's had 5 or 6 v good games.

Harris seems to me to have given up before he even steps onto the pitch. He rarely even thinks of trying to beat the full back for all his pace and usually passes back or cuts inside only to invariably lose the ball.

He has made little effort for us once his contract negotiations became public knowledge. I wouldn't say he's a disgrace to City - but only because I'm a polite person.