+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Tories making statement at 11.15am. General Election

Re: Tories making statement at 11.15am. General Election

[QUOTE=ninianclark;4735054]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Eric - what budget would you cut or taxes raise in order to stop the debt rising ?

ps - Corbyn's plan is to spend an extra 500 billion - hence adding half a trillion to the existing debt
    Clamping down on tax avoidance and the tax gap would be a start.

In any case, surely it is utterly irresponsible of the government to be able to offer tax breaks to the most wealthy when debt continues to rise.

We've had 7 years of the Tories. Despite austerity, foodbanks, the deaths of people found fit to work, the NHS being starved of money, our debt continues to rise, partly because growth has been strangled. There can no longer be any blame attached to Labour. I think 7 years is enough to have sorted something out. Instead the government is prepared to put us deeper into debt to finance Brexit. Hammond has thrown out all of the previous regime's financial "plans". That's hardly responsible.

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;4735170]
    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post

Clamping down on tax avoidance and the tax gap would be a start.

In any case, surely it is utterly irresponsible of the government to be able to offer tax breaks to the most wealthy when debt continues to rise.

We've had 7 years of the Tories. Despite austerity, foodbanks, the deaths of people found fit to work, the NHS being starved of money, our debt continues to rise, partly because growth has been strangled. There can no longer be any blame attached to Labour. I think 7 years is enough to have sorted something out. Instead the government is prepared to put us deeper into debt to finance Brexit. Hammond has thrown out all of the previous regime's financial "plans". That's hardly responsible.
    Well said Eric.There has been a narrative that austerity was the only option. Not true. As you say seven years down the line its time for this lot to stand on their own record rather than blaming a Government that left office in 2010.

Interestingly no one has mentioned the performance of the Labour Party in Wales.They have has 17 years to get things right.Can't say that I have noticed an improvement in living standards for anyone.Is the NHS in Wales any better than in England? The stock answer from Carwyn 'TEFLON'Jones to any criticism is that of course it's all down to Westminster.That argument wears a little thin after being used so many times.Have to say I am very much disillusioned with corrupt and ineffectual government in both London and Cardiff but one thing is clear it's not a one way street-Torys getting all the flack here but the red rosette fans surely cannot be blind to their own team's poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Interestingly no one has mentioned the performance of the Labour Party in Wales.They have has 17 years to get things right.Can't say that I have noticed an improvement in living standards for anyone.Is the NHS in Wales any better than in England? The stock answer from Carwyn 'TEFLON'Jones to any criticism is that of course it's all down to Westminster.That argument wears a little thin after being used so many times.Have to say I am very much disillusioned with corrupt and ineffectual government in both London and Cardiff but one thing is clear it's not a one way street-Torys getting all the flack here but the red rosette fans surely cannot be blind to their own team's poor performance.
    Grumpy Wales is comparatively poor compared to some regions in England. You know that for sure.So whichever party is in power in the Welsh Assembly is therefore going to be limited in what they can achieve. I am sure there are parts of the NHS in Wales that could be doing better. However I am far from convinced any other party would do better. Its not like the governing Westminster Tories are showing any sign of competence.
    Having said that there is no doubt Labour is seriously short of star performers within the party.Its a huge problem for them.

Blog Entries

😀