+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tories making statement at 11.15am. General Election

Re: Tories making statement at 11.15am. General Election

[QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734855]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

Corbyn would be a disaster as he has proved time & time again that he is incapable of leading the labour party, never mind the country. If elected he would not even be able to appoint the best cabinet as some of his most talented MP's do not want to work with him which has resulted in 2nd rate politicians like Diane Abbott getting a top job in the shadow cabinet. Notwithstanding the fact that I don't agree with some of May's actions & policies, if I had to choose between her & Corbyn, then it's May every time for me. If the polls are to believed then this election could be a blessing as it could see the end of Corbyn & labour can then elect a decent leader who can take the party forward & be a real opposition to the tories for the next 5 years
    Yes could be a blessing in disguise for Labour as they can get a new leader in 3 years early

[QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734855]

Corbyn would be a disaster as he has proved time & time again that he is incapable of leading the labour party, never mind the country. If elected he would not even be able to appoint the best cabinet as some of his most talented MP's do not want to work with him which has resulted in 2nd rate politicians like Diane Abbott getting a top job in the shadow cabinet. Notwithstanding the fact that I don't agree with some of May's actions & policies, if I had to choose between her & Corbyn, then it's May every time for me. If the polls are to believed then this election could be a blessing as it could see the end of Corbyn & labour can then elect a decent leader who can take the party forward & be a real opposition to the tories for the next 5 years
    [QUOTE=Elwood Blues;4734858]

No he really isn't
    He is because his policies will be a damn sight better for the majority and not just the elite. May gets a very easy ride from the press. If she was attacked like Corbyn her approval ratings would be low

[QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734859]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post

The problem with that is we will have five more years of seeing the NHS wrecked, state schools starved of funds, more homeless, more targetting of the disabled with further welfare cutbacks etc etc. Is that a country you want to live in?
    I want to live in a much more balanced & fairer society but I also want to live in a country which is not bankrupted by a party who are ill-equipped to govern. In fairness to May she is working off Cameron's manifesto & this election gives her a chance to produce her own & to demonstrate that she is serious about building a country which works for everyone as she has regularly stated as a key aim of hers. I really wish that there was stronger opposition to the tories but i'm afraid that in my view this is far from the case. As things stand I honestly cannot see labour even getting close to winning so the best I am hoping for is that this election galvanises them to unite behind a very good leader who can take them forward in the next few years

[QUOTE=ninianclark;4734870][QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734862]

We will soon see in about 6 weeks what the country thinks of Mr Corbyn and the way he has run the Labour party.

What I would say is this - it is very very easy to just sit, dismiss everything and say you will simply spend more on things whilst dreaming of a Utopian vision where everyone gets everything , lower tax, less hours in work, better services etc - IT DOES NOT HAPPEN LIKE THAT IN REAL LIFE - if someone could tell that to Corbyn he may try something different.

Personally I cant see Corbyn or Farron as a PM.

Corbyn is best suited to demonstrating against things and protesting for things. I did like his column in Private Eye - where he demands FREE wifi on all buses!!
    At least he isn't held hostage to the likes of Murdoch and Dacre. Unlike May. She is very weak and if Murdoch says "jump" she will say "how high?"
    No thanks.

[QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734869]

I want to live in a much more balanced & fairer society but I also want to live in a country which is not bankrupted by a party who are ill-equipped to govern. In fairness to May she is working off Cameron's manifesto & this election gives her a chance to produce her own & to demonstrate that she is serious about building a country which works for everyone as she has regularly stated as a key aim of hers. I really wish that there was stronger opposition to the tories but i'm afraid that in my view this is far from the case. As things stand I honestly cannot see labour even getting close to winning so the best I am hoping for is that this election galvanises them to unite behind a very good leader who can take them forward in the next few years
    I understand where you are coming on but check out May's voting record. The last thing she is interested in is a fairer society.A leopard does not change its spots.

[QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734873][QUOTE=ninianclark;4734870]

At least he isn't held hostage to the likes of Murdoch and Dacre. Unlike May. She is very weak and if Murdoch says "jump" she will say "how high?"
    No thanks.

Instead Corbyn is being held hostage by the unions, particularly Unite

[QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734884][QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734873]
    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post

Instead Corbyn is being held hostage by the unions, particularly Unite

Hardly. The days of the Unions running the country are long since gone and rightly so. Anyway check out May's voting record and tell me if she stands for a fairer society.

[QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734885][QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734884]

Hardly. The days of the Unions running the country are long since gone and rightly so. Anyway check out May's voting record and tell me if she stands for a fairer society.
    https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10...idenhead/votes

Bloody hell. She cares for corporations, nothing other than that.

[QUOTE=Kris;4734894][QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734885]

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10...idenhead/votes

Bloody hell. She cares for corporations, nothing other than that.
    What a surprise eh Kris.

[QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734885][QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734884]

Ok I will take a look as I will be very interested to see that.

In the meantime I suggest that you take a closer look at the Unions influence over Corbyn & you will see that this is far from long gone. Both Len McClusky & Dave Prentis appear to have their feet well & truly under Corbyn's table & to think that they exert little or no influence is way off the mark in my view. Only last month Labour's shadow cabinet meeting was held at Unison's head office where Dave Prentis personally addressed them. Also if you look at their funding arrangements you will find that Unite are Corbyn's biggest backer, contributing over £60k to his original leadership election fund.

[QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734913][QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734885]

Ok I will take a look as I will be very interested to see that.

In the meantime I suggest that you take a closer look at the Unions influence over Corbyn & you will see that this is far from long gone. Both Len McClusky & Dave Prentis appear to have their feet well & truly under Corbyn's table & to think that they exert little or no influence is way off the mark in my view. Only last month Labour's shadow cabinet meeting was held at Unison's head office where Dave Prentis personally addressed them. Also if you look at their funding arrangements you will find that Unite are Corbyn's biggest backer, contributing over £60k to his original leadership election fund.
    Don't get me wrong here. What happened in the 70's was wrong. The Unions had too much power and should never have been able to cause so much damage to both Labour and Tory administrations. In my view it has gone too much the other way with the likes of zero hours contracts. There is a place for Unions though.

[QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734915][QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734913]

Don't get me wrong here. What happened in the 70's was wrong. The Unions had too much power and should never have been able to cause so much damage to both Labour and Tory administrations. In my view it has gone too much the other way with the likes of zero hours contracts. There is a place for Unions though.
    I totally agree that there is a place for unions but I also think that there should be some distance between them & our political leaders. Lobby by all means but using money & favours to gain special treatment is over-stepping the mark in my mind as significant conflicts of interest can easily arise. I also have concerns about Momentum & what influence they have over Corbyn & it would appear that Tom Watson shares this view. I also agree about zero hours contracts & as far as I am concerned they cannot be scrapped soon enough.

[QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734919][QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734915]

I totally agree that there is a place for unions but I also think that there should be some distance between them & our political leaders. Lobby by all means but using money & favours to gain special treatment is over-stepping the mark in my mind as significant conflicts of interest can easily arise. I also have concerns about Momentum & what influence they have over Corbyn & it would appear that Tom Watson shares this view. I also agree about zero hours contracts & as far as I am concerned they cannot be scrapped soon enough.
    Fair comment

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Anyone know that Corbyn's son (the one that went to Grammar school I believe) has managed to land a job working for the shadow chancellor John McDonnell on 40k a year - how did he get that job or even that the daughter of Len McCluskeys right hand man has managed to land a job working for Corbyn.

For someone who is whiter than white - the stains of nepotism are rather smelly. A bit like when Peter Haine employed his 84 year old Mother as his 'secretary'. Nothing changes in politics - just the names.
    Or when

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...cademy-schools

Or even when

https://politicalscrapbook.net/2014/...-constituents/

just backs up his post really all bunch of c*nts

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    just backs up his post really all bunch of c*nts
    It adds to his post, because he was naming only Labour issues of nepotism. I'm not disagreeing with him, but his post was biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    It adds to his post, because he was naming only Labour issues of nepotism. I'm not disagreeing with him, but his post was biased.
    so are yours, same shit different wrapper

[QUOTE=Pearcey3;4734862][QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734855]

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

He is because his policies will be a damn sight better for the majority and not just the elite. May gets a very easy ride from the press. If she was attacked like Corbyn her approval ratings would be low
    Agreed, Corbyn has never really had a fair ride from either his own MPs or the press

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Show me one that isn't in the thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    so are yours, same shit different wrapper
    My post added balance - he had already listed the Labour acts, so I just added the Tory acts.

Re: Tories making statement at 11.15am. Rumours May stepping down

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Since becoming foreign secretary.
    We will make a "Titanic success of Brexit". The Titanic sank.

He blocked a UN enquiry into Saudi Arabia so we could sell them arms.

He has offended President Erdogan on many occasions, and then visited him and the situation was far from ideal.

He said it was "odd" that Australians struggled harder to settle in Britain than European nations such as Slovakia.

In December 2016, at the Med 2 conference in Rome, Johnson said: "There are politicians who are twisting and abusing religion and different strains of the same religion in order to further their own political objectives. That's one of the biggest political problems in the whole region...That's why you've got the Saudis, Iran, everybody, moving in and puppeteering and playing proxy wars.

He's a horror show.

[QUOTE=Alfonso Perez;4734869]
    I also want to live in a country which is not bankrupted by a party who are ill-equipped to govern.
    If we're honest, the current incumbents are doing a finer job of bankrupting us than Labour ever did. Debt is rising and growth has been stifled.

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;4735047]

If we're honest, the current incumbents are doing a finer job of bankrupting us than Labour ever did. Debt is rising and growth has been stifled.
    All Labour's fault though, these graphs prove it (and yes, that is sarcasm).

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/33...national-debt/

Feedback

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;4735047]

Debt is always going to rise until you turn a deficit into a surplus. The Tories had to overturn a 157bn deficit so it's disingenuous at best to say that rising debt is due to the current government.

Feedback

[QUOTE=Pedro de la Rosa;4735048]
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

All Labour's fault though, these graphs prove it (and yes, that is sarcasm).

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/33...national-debt/
    The rate of new debt increased massively between June 2008 and June 2010. Since then the rate of new debt has decreased.

The debt will increase until the deficit becomes a surplus.