If you remember Real Madrid towards the end of the Jose years where all the big characters were kicking each other down....imagine that but the club decides to promote youth players to replace those who can't get along with each other. Now ask which is ready to be Ronaldo.

If I were Labour I would be tempted to block this move for a GE (two thirds still need to vote for it in parliament) as despite the loss of face the party is still some way away from being a united front that it needs to be in order to challenge. Corbyn over the past two weeks has presented a series of excellent policy ideas - which have been accepted as good by tories and only late challenge being is there enough money to do it - and he has been consistently (relatively) good since May became leader, but you need (as Ed Milliband showed) far more than a good 8 months into the GE in order to come out victorious.

I believe Corbyn's ultimate aim is to ensure that Labour can have a left-wing leader and centre-Left (capital L) direction in the future without some towards the right of the party shutting this down. Labour should just give him that victory and get back to being the party that has represented centre-left politics best over the last century.

Lets be positive, Corbyn's ideas can win an election whereas May's ideas can lose her the election. And there is always Clive Lewis to come if Corbyn's image and Labours ideological civil-bitching loses the election badly.