+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our form since January and some number crunching

Our form since January and some number crunching

In 2017, we've played 20 games and we've got 34 points. That's exactly 1.7 points per game, which extrapolates to 78.2 (so let's round down to 78) points a season. Fulham in the 6th playoff spot are currently going at 1.69 PPG all season.

Obviously comparing two different sample sizes is unfair but it shows the real strides we've made under Warnock for a considerable amount of time, nearly half a season. In his entire spell, we'd have 70 points under Warnock, with an average of 1.52 PPG, which includes the time when he got to know his squad and tried players out.

Also, our away record this season is bloody awful. 21 points from 21 games, that has to improve next season. On the other hand, our home record is fantastic, 37 in 22 games.

Finally, on Saturdays we have only picked up 33 points from 27 league games. The other 25 points have been picked up on the other days of the week, in 15 games. I've got absolutely no idea why this might be and I'd assume it is an anomaly!

Re: Our form since January and some number crunching

What might have been if Warnock had been appointed in the summer...
    Good stats

Warnock may replace Corbyn in the summer , he is so good .

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Warnock may replace Corbyn in the summer , he is so good .
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    What might have been if Warnock had been appointed in the summer...
    Good stats
    Indeed.

There was an immediate improvement when he joined, and he hasn't really had much opportunity to operate in the transfer market yet. If we'd had him from June, we'd be in the playoffs imho.

Btw, just finished reading "The Gaffer" - I'd love it if he wrote another similar book covering his time with us.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Indeed.

There was an immediate improvement when he joined, and he hasn't really had much opportunity to operate in the transfer market yet. If we'd had him from June, we'd be in the playoffs imho.

Btw, just finished reading "The Gaffer" - I'd love it if he wrote another similar book covering his time with us.
    We wouldn't have wasted our money on Fred, Lambert and to a lesser extent Huws if NW was here. Feel sorry for Huws in some ways but it hasn't worked out. Although, we'd almost certainly have Leon Best...