+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: British & Irish Lions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: British & Irish Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Well, If Gatland & Co. are going to take 4 bottles of scotch, may I recommend Arran Malt, Cask Islay, Glen Moray and Inchmoan. All of these are of course, single malt whiskeys.
    You may recommend all you want but unless Jimmy the Jock confirms then we won't rush out to purchase them. Being Scottish he is naturally an expert. Mind, from what I understand, he's yet to taste any whisky he doesn't approve of. Same goes for all ales, wines and spirits he's sampled to excess.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You may recommend all you want but unless Jimmy the Jock confirms then we won't rush out to purchase them. Being Scottish he is naturally an expert. Mind, from what I understand, he's yet to taste any whisky he doesn't approve of. Same goes for all ales, wines and spirits he's sampled to excess.
    The whiskeys are all good.

As you intimated,alcohol is all good .Full stop.

I got no interest in rugby but I am interested in facts and figures.
    So, can someone explain to me why they need to take a squad of 41 players?
    Surely a squad of 30 players would be enough, 2 for each position, and a few on stand by incase of injuries.

Scotland are on the face of it unlucky but that game against England was a complete non-performance. It was their biggest game in years and they didn't show up. Coaches maybe thought they couldn't risk that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Surely a squad of 30 players would be enough, 2 for each position, and a few on stand by incase of injuries.
    I heard on the radio on average 10 players get their tour ended by injury.

And it works out to around a game every 3 months in the month of the tour. It is absolutely brutal.

The size of this squad is bigger than usual apparently so 41 may be a bit OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I heard on the radio on average 10 players get their tour ended by injury.

And it works out to around a game every 3 months in the month of the tour. It is absolutely brutal.

The size of this squad is bigger than usual apparently so 41 may be a bit OTT.
    Days*

[QUOTE=The Alien;4734780]I got no interest in rugby ....obviously no a Cardiff City fan then

Richyrich

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    It's two teams effectively, a midweek team and a weekend team. Fixtures come thick and fast on a Lions tour.