+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Promotion or Red

Promotion or Red

It has intrigued me if the anti red outpouring was due to failure in the Premiership , or would you trade a team in red staying in the top league and winning trophies ?

Re: Promotion or Red

Prawn cocktail please

Promotion always felt hollow to me. Sure, I went along with the red or dead line, thinking that it (the red) was the lesser of two evils.
    So no, I'd rather stay in the championship in blue.

The anti red feeling was always there. When we got relegated the bandwagon jumpers who didn't care about the clubs history or identity anyway, started staying away, leaving a greater percentage of anti red feeling in the match going fans.

As for trading, playing in red obviously does not directly equate to success on the pitch, so it's one of them there mute points.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The anti red feeling was always there. When we got relegated the bandwagon jumpers who didn't care about the clubs history or identity anyway, started staying away, leaving a greater percentage of anti red feeling in the match going fans.

As for trading, playing in red obviously does not directly equate to success on the pitch, so it's one of them there mute points.
    Unspeakable really.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It has intrigued me if the anti red outpouring was due to failure in the Premiership , or would you trade a team in red staying in the top league and winning trophies ?
    nugent already has one

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Unspeakable really.
    Just thought I'd nip it in the butt.

Stupid ****ing question

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Just thought I'd nip it in the butt.
    Good call, I wouldn't want anyone to be made an escaped goat

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Good call, I wouldn't want anyone to be made an escaped goat
    My colleague used that malapropism today.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Stupid ****ing question
    Really, we are in a world of different views and thoughts, try not reply in such a guttereral way.

Anti red outpouring was because of the rebrand. True.
    The money spent on the club in tandem with the rebrand helped get the club promoted. Also true.
    Anti red outpouring when in the Premiership was because of the rebrand. True.
    Negativity inside and outside the ground affected results? Possibly tending towards probably.
    People being disheartened when relegated and still in red. True.

The answer to whether there is a god is down to faith. When you have no faith there is no god.

Rebrand and promotion, or no rebrand and staying in the Championship...no contest for me. Better value for money and watching at least more than just a handful of home wins in a season...

It's interesting and pleasurable to think most would turn away from the success.

City till we die, I guess .👍

Blue - whatever the question

Second to moving the club away from Cardiff, changing the identity of the club so drastically is one of the biggest crimes against a football club an owner can make.

I would count financial ruin as joint second or, more honestly, 2.5 on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Blue - whatever the question
    THIS

No other answers - not open to debate - ever

Too many good friends gone because of that stupid inexplicable ridiculous soul destroying episode that I'm still trying to blank from my memory

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    THIS

No other answers - not open to debate - ever

Too many good friends gone because of that stupid inexplicable ridiculous soul destroying episode that I'm still trying to blank from my memory
    At one point if you were anti red, you were seen as being some sort of a Luddite, standing in the way of progress and success and often painted as being somehow childish or pathetic because it was "just a colour".
    The message boards were overwhelmed with such characters. I often used to wonder whether it was people in the pay of tan with multiple accounts trying to suppress the dissenting voices, trying to belittle them, referring to them as whingers etc, in much the same way as the murdoch press use terms like "remoaners", "looney lefties" or "woolly minded liberals".

Those posters have deserted the message boards, in the same way as the bandwagon jumpers have deserted the club.

Smokey bacon second

I, and many others, wore blue to matches when the team were playing in red.

As said above, most of the red brigade were glory-hunters who didn't turn up after relegation, probably hadn't been attending in the previous 'blue' years either.

Yay a rebrand thread.

If the question is promotion or red, I vote promotion.