+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...-italian-move/

I know we thought he wasn't any good but is there any sell-on clause..

Re: Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

This what the report says about sell-on:

"It is uncertain whether Cardiff would receive any kind of financial benefit from the deal such as a sell-on fee clause after Cardiff sold Cornelius back to FC Copenhagen, only six months after originally signing for the Bluebirds."

Might be worth a cheeky bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Might be worth a cheeky bid.

Now does that sound like something that we'd do?

I'd love Cornelius to make it at a bigger club

Yes. Malky & Moody get £4 million to share between them.

I like the way the article says the move means he will get the chance to play in the Europa league.
    He played in the champions league and the Europa league this season with Copenhagen, only going out to Ajax in the last round

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

I hope Tan gets a quid for every ounce of respect he gave the lad.

4 million Euro according to Danish media!

http://the72.co.uk/79435/cardiff-cit...-danish-media/

The future is here at last.

Just watching the Schalke v Ajax quarter final. Another ex City player, Guido Hotdogvan starting for Schalke.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    4 million Euro according to Danish media!

http://the72.co.uk/79435/cardiff-cit...-danish-media/
    I expect Vinny is penning a thank you card to Malky as we speak.

Probably

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Just watching the Schalke v Ajax quarter final. Another ex City player, Guido Hotdogvan starting for Schalke.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    If it's good enough for Ratcliffe...

He's just scored as well to make it 2-2!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

On your first point, the undisclosed fee might indeed suggest that we had a sell on clause!!

On your second point, I wholeheartedly agree. He had plenty of talent but arrived when we were in turmoil off the pitch and was never given a proper chance. I've read all sorts of rumours about his time here, but his injury away at some lower league club (midweek night game?) was exactly what he didn't need at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    On your first point, the undisclosed fee might indeed suggest that we had a sell on clause!!

On your second point, I wholeheartedly agree. He had plenty of talent but arrived when we were in turmoil off the pitch and was never given a proper chance. I've read all sorts of rumours about his time here, but his injury away at some lower league club (midweek night game?) was exactly what he didn't need at that time.
    What we wanted was patience with the lad. New country, new league, still a teenager and a huge price tag to justify.

I've seen him a few times since and think he'll be successful.

My opinion is that he has nothing to be ashamed of for his time at Cardiff. Had there been a modicum of sanity at the club at the time, he may well have been a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    What we wanted was patience with the lad. New country, new league, still a teenager and a huge price tag to justify.

I've seen him a few times since and think he'll be successful.

My opinion is that he has nothing to be ashamed of for his time at Cardiff. Had there been a modicum of sanity at the club at the time, he may well have been a hit.
    Craig Bellamy said he was the worst pro he'd ever seen, and he played like it too. We couldn't afford to be patience with a lone striker on £45k a week. Good luck to him but 1 in 4 since he's left is hardly a ringing endorsement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Craig Bellamy said he was the worst pro he'd ever seen, and he played like it too. We couldn't afford to be patience with a lone striker on £45k a week. Good luck to him but 1 in 4 since he's left is hardly a ringing endorsement.
    Where are you getting this 1 in 4 figure from?

In the league this season he's scored 9 times in 21 appearances, plus 5 assists.
    Even if you throw champions league and Europa league games into the mix i think his record is better than 1 in 3

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Closer to 1 in 3 according to Wikipedia. Any link to that Bellamy quote? I've only ever seen it on here.

The main problem for me is how we tried to use him in the rare occasions he actually go on the pitch.

We launched the ball at him from 50 yards away expecting him to hold it up and bring other players into the game, like a wizened old warhorse like helgusson.
    However, nothing I've seen of him playing at Copenhagen suggests that this is his game. Not yet anyway.
    Most times I've seen him he likes balls player for him to run onto, or crosses to attack. Holding the ball up is a very different skill.
    As he's 6ft4 and strong he has the physical attributes to be able to play that way, but it doesn't usually seem to come until later in a player's career. Even the likes of jay bothroyd who did that job excellently for us was a very different player as a youngster. I can't ​think of a player in their teens who was that effective in that kind of role, Rooney was always strong i suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The main problem for me is how we tried to use him in the rare occasions he actually go on the pitch.

We launched the ball at him from 50 yards away expecting him to hold it up and bring other players into the game, like a wizened old warhorse like helgusson.
    However, nothing I've seen of him playing at Copenhagen suggests that this is his game. Not yet anyway.
    Most times I've seen him he likes balls player for him to run onto, or crosses to attack. Holding the ball up is a very different skill.
    As he's 6ft4 and strong he has the physical attributes to be able to play that way, but it doesn't usually seem to come until later in a player's career. Even the likes of jay bothroyd who did that job excellently for us was a very different player as a youngster. I can't ​think of a player in their teens who was that effective in that kind of role, Rooney was always strong i suppose.
    He was just used as a stick to bash mackay when he wasn't given a chance.

Pro Tan'ers did what Tan did and tried to discredit everything he did.

What did he have, like 1 start in the league cup ?

Banned

He'll never make it in serie a,the ccmb footballing experts declared he'd never make a footballer,after watching him warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

I don't think the people bashing Cornelius were largely pro tanners or the people defending him were particularly anti tan.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

My understanding at the time was that he was brought in as one for the future. That might have been a good ploy. However, we didn't buy a decent striker that was ready to start games, neither did we invest in any pace. For a while we worked hard and ground out the odd result here and there, but the limitations of the squad were all too evident. In that respect, it was a mistake to have signed Cornelius, simply because the money would have been better spent on someone who, hopefully, would have started most games that season.