+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

Re: Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Bellamy has clearly been proved wrong on this one if the stories of what he said are true. Looks like our next manager doesn't recognise a talent when it's right in front of him!
    Without leaping to Bellamy's defence, he's only been proved wrong if he makes a success of his move to Atalanta. Cornelius has moved for around a third of what we paid for him as well. Nobody has come out well out of this, be it Mackay, Tan, Cornelius or Moody.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Without leaping to Bellamy's defence, he's only been proved wrong if he makes a success of his move to Atalanta. Cornelius has moved for around a third of what we paid for him as well. Nobody has come out well out of this, be it Mackay, Tan, Cornelius or Moody.
    Bellamys alleged comments that he's the worst professional he'd seen are already proved nonsense considering he's now moved 3 times in multi million pound deals and scoring regularly in the Champions League too.
    The ridiculous fee that we paid for him has nothing to do with the poor kid himself so the blame certainly has nothing to do with him although I agree with the other 3 you mention

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Bellamys alleged comments that he's the worst professional he'd seen are already proved nonsense considering he's now moved 3 times in multi million pound deals and scoring regularly in the Champions League too.
    The ridiculous fee that we paid for him has nothing to do with the poor kid himself so the blame certainly has nothing to do with him although I agree with the other 3 you mention
    He's basing it on what he saw at Cardiff and about his professionalism, not his talent. He's probably able to bully defenders in Denmark and the early rounds of the Champions League but he wouldn't be able to do that against Kompany or Terry. Personally, I don't think he will be a success in Atalanta but this presumably means we don't have to pay the final year of his wages and if we get a slice of his transfer fee, then good luck to him. Either way, it's happened and if we can claw back any of the money we lost, it's good news for us. I bet the club didn't budget for this.

I'm constructing a model (for my own interest) that compares the relative strengths of different leagues across Europe.
    The Danish league is a good fit with the SPL, or the Ukrainian league, and it's basically like a top championship club playing against a load of league one clubs if you are in the best club in those divisions.

So if you think of Cornelius as a player who scored a shit load for Celtic as a teenager, went on a move to a bottom premier league club that didn't work out then returned to Celtic and continued to score before getting a move to Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Summed up perfectly.
    He wasn't as rubbish as some made out.
    However for slightly more money we could have signed Wilfred Bony ( we were in for him before Swansea) and probably stated up and made a £10m profit.

Spending most of your striker transfer budget on 'one for the future' when you best alternative is Campbell was total stupidity and cost Malky his job and ultimately our place at the top table IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...-italian-move/

I know we thought he wasn't any good but is there any sell-on clause..
    Good for him - I hope that it works out for him.

I'm interested to see how he gets on.