Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cornelius off to Serie 'A'....no fee mentioned

Andreas Cornelius is better than Kenneth Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    My understanding at the time was that he was brought in as one for the future. That might have been a good ploy. However, we didn't buy a decent striker that was ready to start games, neither did we invest in any pace. For a while we worked hard and ground out the odd result here and there, but the limitations of the squad were all too evident. In that respect, it was a mistake to have signed Cornelius, simply because the money would have been better spent on someone who, hopefully, would have started most games that season.
    Summed up perfectly.
    He wasn't as rubbish as some made out.
    However for slightly more money we could have signed Wilfred Bony ( we were in for him before Swansea) and probably stated up and made a £10m profit.

Spending most of your striker transfer budget on 'one for the future' when you best alternative is Campbell was total stupidity and cost Malky his job and ultimately our place at the top table IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Summed up perfectly.
    He wasn't as rubbish as some made out.
    However for slightly more money we could have signed Wilfred Bony ( we were in for him before Swansea) and probably stated up and made a £10m profit.

Spending most of your striker transfer budget on 'one for the future' when you best alternative is Campbell was total stupidity and cost Malky his job and ultimately our place at the top table IMHO.

Cornelius was a total waste of space. Rumours about him being homesick and this that and the other. Kids his age are going off to fight in wars, and he was whinging about coming to Cardiff and earning 30 grand a weak. I hope he breaks his leg in serie a. Fuking g fraud

My impression is that, of Rudy Gestede and Fraizer Campbell, more City fans prefer Campbell. Both Campbell and Gestede have made 17 Premier League starts since leaving Cardiff City, while Gestede has come off the bench 4 more times than Campbell. Gestede has scored 6 PL goals since leaving us, Campbell 5.

In terms of goals at least, it could be argued that Gestede is marginally the better striker. I can't say I was the greatest fan of either of them and I'm not looking to put up a case for Gestede, but thought I'd leave that with you.

With the Cornelius to Atalanta deal now done and no mention of us receiving any sell on clause we once again see another example of Vincent Tans business prowess.

The guy is a well connected idiot of the highest order

Good luck Acorn go show him up further for the fool he is

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    With the Cornelius to Atalanta deal now done and no mention of us receiving any sell on clause we once again see another example of Vincent Tans business prowess.

In fairness it's not just Tan who never puts sell on clause (assuming he hasn't), I really can't remember the last player we sold we put a sell on clause on under any owner

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post

Be patient, it took quite a while for the Bale money to come through.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    In fairness it's not just Tan who never puts sell on clause (assuming he hasn't), I really can't remember the last player we sold we put a sell on clause on under any owner
    To be honest I never thought for a moment he would have. He was only concerned in proving a point about Malky.
    It was suggested on here by a few that we would be quids in however but the silence suggests otherwise

I'm constructing a model (for my own interest) that compares the relative strengths of different leagues across Europe.
    The Danish league is a good fit with the SPL, or the Ukrainian league, and it's basically like a top championship club playing against a load of league one clubs if you are in the best club in those divisions.

So if you think of Cornelius as a player who scored a shit load for Celtic as a teenager, went on a move to a bottom premier league club that didn't work out then returned to Celtic and continued to score before getting a move to Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...-italian-move/

I know we thought he wasn't any good but is there any sell-on clause..
    Good for him - I hope that it works out for him.

I'm interested to see how he gets on.