+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Back Pain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Back Pain

The chances are that your back muscles have gone into spasm and that is the source of the pain. What happens is that the muscles contract to protect your back and they fail to release when the danger has passed. It's a very common complaint. Painkillers won't help; they simply mask the pain.

The usual treatment is a course of anti inflammatories such as Naproxin or Celebrex taken alongside Ranititine Hydrochloride sice as Zantac or Omerprozole to protect the stomach. If that fails to work a muscle relaxant/anti depressant should help as that simply relaxes the body and thereby releases the muscles. Oddly the canabis suggestion at the beginning of the thread could have the same affect but I couldn't possibly advise you to take it.

My advice would be to go back to the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The chances are that your back muscles have gone into spasm and that is the source of the pain. What happens is that the muscles contract to protect your back and they fail to release when the danger has passed. It's a very common complaint. Painkillers won't help; they simply mask the pain.

The usual treatment is a course of anti inflammatories such as Naproxin or Celebrex taken alongside Ranititine Hydrochloride sice as Zantac or Omerprozole to protect the stomach. If that fails to work a muscle relaxant/anti depressant should help as that simply relaxes the body and thereby releases the muscles. Oddly the canabis suggestion at the beginning of the thread could have the same affect but I couldn't possibly advise you to take it.

My advice would be to go back to the doctor.
    I've sometimes been grounded by the back muscles going into spasm. I couldn't bend or lift anything. The only solution is to rest. It normally goes away in a week or two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Coconut oil. It's all you need.
    It is.

"Coconut oil is a balanced fat that contains lauric acid. This acid has a variety of effective treatment benefits, one of which is relieving pain. Massaged into your back at the pain site can help relieve back pain almost instantly." (great for your skin too)
    https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/back-pain-relief.html

It also reduces inflammation and arthritis..

"In a study in India, the high levels of antioxidants present in virgin coconut oil reduced inflammation and healing arthritis more effectively than leading medications. (4)
    In another recent study, coconut oil that was harvested with only medium heat was found to suppress inflammatory cells. It worked as both an analgesic and anti-inflammatory."
    https://draxe.com/coconut-oil-benefits/ and many other things listed on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It's a natural spice that is a very potent anti-inflammatory agent. I've always tended to be a bit skeptical of home remedies, you know - the kind of things your grandma would swear by, however, just Google it and see what people have to say about it.
    Lots of people knock natural and home remedies for some reason, I think people should be encouraged to treat themselves more instead of ringing the doctors every five mins.

I feel so much healthier and have changed my thinking about my health since finding Dr Bergman and the owners guide to humans, I love this guy, he talks so much sense imo.
    https://drjohnbergman.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/johnbchiro

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Oddly the canabis suggestion at the beginning of the thread could have the same affect but I couldn't possibly advise you to take it.
    Quite sad really not you, just that whole situation.