+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What to do when you lose your job.

What to do when you lose your job.

There is a great discussion here about the economic future of the West. It is so refreshing to see a discussion between intelligent people without any of the idiotic playing to the crowd and rancour we get on Question Time.

The two main things I got from this discussion were that most people are going to a have a much lower standard of living in a few years time and it would pay to start some sort of mutual help exclusive group like the Amish and or Irish travellers.

The whole discussion is two and a half hours long so if you just want a quick taster then I would suggest watching the following clips :

Why the real wages of the working class are going down (4 minutes from about 28:00)
    https://goo.gl/4xAfZY

Difference money wealth and real wealth (13 minutes from about 1:01:00)
    https://www.youtube.com/v/DOFc0ZEmaH...406&autoplay=1

This is the whole discussion :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFc0ZEmaHI

Re: What to do when you lose your job.

The second link above is not working. This is it again :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOFc0ZEmaHI&t=61m00s

I lost my job reading the links .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I lost my job reading the links .
    I am surprised you had a job. Nevermind. This will give you time to learn some of the practical skills you will need when the civil breakdown starts.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I am surprised you had a job. Nevermind. This will give you time to learn some of the practical skills you will need when the civil breakdown starts.
    Thank you for your wisdom I will be forever grateful, glad the psilocybin and psilocin is kicking in .

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    When is this happening? It's been promised for at least a decade, and I've had my eye on a Telly at Currys for ages.

Get out and earn more elsewhere. Not easy for all, but possible for many.

We HAVE to have a reduction in living standards in the west. We live off the back of the rest of the world, now they want a slice of the pie. The trick is to stop the top wealthy people having most of the pie whilst the world wealth for the many around the world equates.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post

We HAVE to have a reduction in living standards in the west. We live off the back of the rest of the world, now they want a slice of the pie. The trick is to stop the top wealthy people having most of the pie whilst the world wealth for the many around the world equates.
    I agree, I owe a lot out in debt but rather then bankruptcy which I thought was a horrible option I took up a second job ) business interest )
    It's a satisfying feeling paying off debt as it is the ultimate four letter word

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    I agree, I owe a lot out in debt but rather then bankruptcy which I thought was a horrible option I took up a second job ) business interest )
    It's a satisfying feeling paying off debt as it is the ultimate four letter word
    You'll never pay off all of your debts, there are too many taxes lurking at every turn. All government debt is in your name, and unfortunately you are the product. You work for them

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post

We don't "have to" in the sense that it is the right thing to do. It is just the case that our standard of living will drop because of deindustrialisation.

Instead of investing in our manufacturing industries and making them more efficient we have thrown in the towel and just based everything on cheap labour – here and abroad. That gives quick profits for the globalists but in the long term we all end up working for peanuts. Once our industrial base is gone it is too expensive to build it up again.

If we had restricted immigration and our population had been allowed to drop naturally then we would not have been led down the free market road to penury. It would not have been possible to base our economy on cheap labour. Industrial automation would have taken its place.

Regarding tax, why is labour classified as an expense for a business, yet it is deemed a profit for the worker?
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 25-04-17 at 20:16.