+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bruno Manga: Cardiff City have replacement lined-up, says Neil Warnock

Blue in the Face

Bruno Manga: Cardiff City have replacement lined-up, says Neil Warnock

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock says he has already lined up a replacement for centre-back Bruno Manga.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39666210

Manga, 28, is out of contract this summer and has been offered a new deal to stay with the Bluebirds, but on reduced pay.

Warnock is resigned to losing the Gabon international this summer.

"We're down the line on somebody else coming in for that position so we're not going to let anything worry us," Warnock said.

"I was supposed to meet his (Manga's) agent and they cancelled the meetings, but now it will be next week. You can't agree anything if you don't talk to anybody.

"Bruno tells me one thing, but I know what agents will be like and I don't expect that to be successful.

"If people don't want to play for Cardiff City and if they don't want to put a blue shirt on, then they're not for us."

Midfielder Peter Whittingham, who has spent 10 years at Cardiff, has also been offered a new contract on reduced terms by the Championship club.

Warnock said negotiations with the former England Under-21 international are on-going, but admitted a decision might not be reached until the end of the season.

"Nothing's changed, I can't say anymore," Warnock added.

"I would imagine we will sit around the table again, but it might not be until the end of the season.

"We've lined up a number of positions, you can't leave it to the last minute. We've spoken to probably half a dozen players and agents in the last week."

The Bluebirds have three Championship games remaining, starting with a trip to Wigan on Saturday.

Cardiff could send the Latics down with victory and if other results go against the Lancashire club but Warnock said that would give him little pleasure as his men look to finish the campaign on a high.

Warnock had previously been accused of criticising the appointment of novice Warren Joyce, who was sacked last month by Wigan.

But he said he had just been trying to point out the importance of managerial experience in the Championship.

"There's no pleasure in sending them down," Warnock added.

"I wanted to beat Nottingham Forest especially having an interview with them in preseason. But we don't want Wigan to have a double on us.

"What I said was his (Joyce's) inexperience in the Championship makes it difficult. It's a league which is difficult to come and manage for your first time.

"There's nothing wrong with saying that, it wasn't a criticism of Warren himself. But for someone who's never been in the Championship, it was a massive gamble and it didn't pay off. Hahahahahahaha. Lol. ***ts"

Re: Bruno Manga: Cardiff City have replacement lined-up, says Neil Warnock

Callum Paterson

Glad to see the back of him if I'm honest

Great player at this level but must be one of the highest earners in the division re. wages to minutes actually played ( Lambert must run him close though).

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Great player at this level but must be one of the highest earners in the division re. wages to minutes actually played ( Lambert must run him close though).
    True. He seems to be either away playing in the Africa cup of Nations, or injured.

Only running he's done all season

Great player, but they come and they go.
    It may be a cliché, - maybe as is badge kissing too - but if their heart isn't at Cardiff, then we'd all be better off if they were somewhere else.

You may very well be right on Paterson, but he is a full back, not a CHalf.

I would be sorry to see him go. Hopefully we can win the battle of wits (not Whitts) with the agent and find some middle ground to show some ambition post-next season... but not hopeful if I'm honest.

Good point made re the African nations mind and few clubs have come a cropper with this one, Chelsea and Michael Essien springs to mind. Causes imbalance in the side at a crucial time of the season.

Reading between the lines here I think that Warnock is trying to strengthen our hand by calling the agent's bluff. In the past agents have clearly taken advantage of our lack of football knowledge off the pitch but I feel far more comfortable now that we have Warnock to support negotiations.

No pre-contract has been signed with another club & his agent is prepared to travel to meet us which suggests that a deal can be done. A lot depends on if Manga is happy here, if he is & the financial package can be made sufficiently attractive then an agreement can be reached. Most people appear resigned to Manga leaving but personally I think that he will stay.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    You may very well be right on Paterson, but he is a full back, not a CHalf.
    I've seen him play at centre back for the Jambos very effectively JC. Think he gets chucked at RB because he has pace to burn, but looks very comfortable in the middle.

I hope the replacement is Patterson personally.