+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newport winning, Hartlepool losing

Re: Newport winning, Hartlepool losing

Stelling is a great presenter but he is abusing his position demanding Dave Jones should be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Yes, I would say they have. Newport's main issue this season has been the pitch, oddly their form has improved with the weather. Hartlepool's issues are not weather related.
    Newport are facing a number of big challenges, not just a dodgy pitch. I agree that Hartlepool also have their issues but no more or less than a number of other lower division clubs.

Newport's next game is a side just outside of the play-offs so not easy. They have the better momentum but are still reliant on Hartlepool losing due to really poor standards earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Newport's next game is a side just outside of the play-offs so not easy. They have the better momentum but are still reliant on Hartlepool losing due to really poor standards earlier in the season.
    Yes but Hatrlepool's final game is against Doncaster whereas Newport are at home to Notts County. Cheltenham will be all out to avoid defeat against Hartlepool as well otherwise they are right back in the mire themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    In that case, then, Pele is shit and Cruyff has no pace anymore.
    urmmm

Hartlepool were a shit club.
    Hartlepool are a shit club.
    Hartlepool will always be a shit club.
    Bit like Newport

OK, I stand corrected. However, the rant was completely wrong. If he is club president, he could have made his point off air.

Dave Jones is not a bad manager, let's be honest.
    His record since leaving us hardly suggests him to be the great manager some City fans think he is.

Amazing comeback from Cewnty, made up for them, let's hope they finish the job. Dunno what they're going to do about their groundshare though, seems to have been a bloody disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Amazing comeback from Cewnty, made up for them, let's hope they finish the job. Dunno what they're going to do about their groundshare though, seems to have been a bloody disaster
    They have always got Tredegar Park , good motorway access , teams could stay at Tredegar House , Maesglas chip shop nearby , put a marquee up , bingo , you got yourself a stand .

Why doesn't that very rich Gwent bloke Matthews chuck em some money ( oops wrong sport )

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    His record since leaving us hardly suggests him to be the great manager some City fans think he is.
    His record at Cardiff suggests he isn't as shit as you think he is either.

Stelling has quit his "post" as club president at Hartlepool.

His record at Cardiff suggests he isn't as shit as you think he is either.
    I've never said his record with us was shit.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They have always got Tredegar Park , good motorway access , teams could stay at Tredegar House , Maesglas chip shop nearby , put a marquee up , bingo , you got yourself a stand .

Why doesn't that very rich Gwent bloke Matthews chuck em some money ( oops wrong sport )
    he only chucks money at sucess. he is harsh like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Yes, I would say they have. Newport's main issue this season has been the pitch, oddly their form has improved with the weather. Hartlepool's issues are not weather related.
    I can't say I've watched them at all to be honest but considering the vast majority of their points are gained at home it appears that they've found a way to play on THAT pitch and so it gives them a big advantage over the opposition who have to endure it for the first time.
    The state of the pitch may well have saved them??

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I can't say I've watched them at all to be honest but considering the vast majority of their points are gained at home it appears that they've found a way to play on THAT pitch and so it gives them a big advantage over the opposition who have to endure it for the first time.
    The state of the pitch may well have saved them??

Since Mike Flynn took over they have achieved 10 points at Rodney Parade & 9 points on their travels so their upturn in fortunes is down to finding a way to win games both home & away

Jeff Stelling came across as a bit of bellend there didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    In fairness, he's always shown his Hartlepool colours. No problems from me.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Give me this over Tim "I used to support Watford but now Chelsea are my team" Lovejoy any day. I'd also rate it over any of the Arsenal fan pundits worried about being 4th best out of 92, Liverpool pundits or Manchester United pundits too.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Give me this over Tim "I used to support Watford but now Chelsea are my team" Lovejoy any day. I'd also rate it over any of the Arsenal fan pundits worried about being 4th best out of 92, Liverpool pundits or Manchester United pundits too.
    Sometimes I wish this messageboard had a like button!