+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newport winning, Hartlepool losing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Newport winning, Hartlepool losing

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Their league position when Jones took over is factual, not hypothetical.

Have the challenges they have faced in the last 18 months been any worse than a number of League 2 clubs, like Newport for example?
    Yes, I would say they have. Newport's main issue this season has been the pitch, oddly their form has improved with the weather. Hartlepool's issues are not weather related.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Yes, I would say they have. Newport's main issue this season has been the pitch, oddly their form has improved with the weather. Hartlepool's issues are not weather related.
    Newport are facing a number of big challenges, not just a dodgy pitch. I agree that Hartlepool also have their issues but no more or less than a number of other lower division clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    I can't say I've watched them at all to be honest but considering the vast majority of their points are gained at home it appears that they've found a way to play on THAT pitch and so it gives them a big advantage over the opposition who have to endure it for the first time.
    The state of the pitch may well have saved them??

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I can't say I've watched them at all to be honest but considering the vast majority of their points are gained at home it appears that they've found a way to play on THAT pitch and so it gives them a big advantage over the opposition who have to endure it for the first time.
    The state of the pitch may well have saved them??

Since Mike Flynn took over they have achieved 10 points at Rodney Parade & 9 points on their travels so their upturn in fortunes is down to finding a way to win games both home & away