+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The beast

The beast

Stayed local today and watched Woking v York quite a tense game as both in danger of being relegated from the conference. Standard of football shocking though but couldn't help but admire the passion from both sets of fans fair play like!

Finished 1-1 equaliser scored by Parkin bloody hell he is fat !

Re: The beast

Quote Originally Posted by Wokingbluebird View Post
    Stayed local today and watched Woking v York quite a tense game as both in danger of being relegated from the conference. Standard of football shocking though but couldn't help but admire the passion from both sets of fans fair play like!

Went to see Forest Green v Maidstone.

At one point one of the FGR players saw the keeper off his line and tried to lob him from the half-way line, but hooked it horribly into touch. Bloke in front of me said "He thinks he's Jon Parkin, but he's just not".

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

At one point one of the FGR players saw the keeper off his line and tried to lob him from the half-way line, but hooked it horribly into touch. Bloke in front of me said "He thinks he's Jon Parkin, but he's just not".

as fat as he looked he did keep going for the full 90 god knows how though !

Busted:

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Busted:
    Fantastic

& still making a living as a professional footballer. Good for him. To be admired rather than ridiculed in my opinion.

He deserves more credit , has scored hundreds of goals probably more than our ""thin "" lot over the years .

He is still scoring , he's 35, running or walking around a pitch takes its toll, I get tired walking to the pub .

As he is big framed lad , it can't be easy to keep lean and mobile.

Good luck to him for sticking at it and taking on the verbal ""fat boy "" stuff which we all dish out , I do admire his tenacity.

Reckon a right hook from the man would put most folk to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    & still making a living as a professional footballer. Good for him. To be admired rather than ridiculed in my opinion.
    I was not ridiculing just stating a fact and did say he kept going for the full 90, there are many others particularly in the national league less agile and a lot less effective than Parkin.
    The Greggs photo did add a bit of humour though !

really surprised he would keep going for 90 mins, as at Kev testimonial he looked knackered when he was playing hi stints, and thet game was a " knock around "

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    really surprised he would keep going for 90 mins, as at Kev testimonial he looked knackered when he was playing hi stints, and thet game was a " knock around "
    Still looked knackered ! but always on the end of an amazing long throw in fact the goal came from a long throw in from almost the half way line !

I've been to woking previously, they had a half decent looking stand from what i remember

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Do you live close to Forest Green?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've been to woking previously, they had a half decent looking stand from what i remember
    Yep behind one of the goals it is pretty decent.
    it's really strange most of the home fans start the game behind the goals not the new stand and then walk around to the other end for the second half leaving the end behind the goal almost empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Do you live close to Forest Green?
    Live in Cheltenham. Pop along to games with local friends from time-to-time when City are away, one of whom is a FGR fan.

I thought he was injured with a pie strain.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Live in Cheltenham. Pop along to games with local friends from time-to-time when City are away, one of whom is a FGR fan.
    I work at Balcarras School in Cheltenham, live in Forest Green.

Come along for a game any Friday at 4pm on our astro ...

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I work at Balcarras School in Cheltenham, live in Forest Green.

Come along for a game any Friday at 4pm on our astro ...
    Ta, but hung up my boots now and just turn out for a painful annual company charity fundraiser.