+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wengers latest comments

Wengers latest comments

I see the latest comments from Wenger urging his British players to "take ownership" for Arsenal's current plight and start performing.
    Players like Ramsey and Oxley-Chamberlain.
    What about his foreign stars who probably earn double wages, like Mesil, Giroud and others.?
    I think they are failing because they do not have enough British players, particularly in defence where they are very fragile.

Re: Wingers latest comments

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I see the latest comments from Wenger urging his British players to "take ownership" for Arsenal's current plight and start performing.
    Players like Ramsey and Oxley-Chamberlain.
    What about his foreign stars who probably earn double wages, like Mesil, Giroud and others.?
    I think they are failing because they do not have enough British players, particularly in defence where they are very fragile.
    Can't see him endearing himself to the few Arsenal supporters who may still be backing him with comments like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Can't see him endearing himself to the few Arsenal supporters who may still be backing him with comments like that.
    It seems to be a mess of a club where only Wilshire and Alexis are supported and all other players and now even the manager are just waiting to be the scapegoat. Their club is the king of the "sit back and wait to be entertained, complain when you're not" fan that seems to be spreading throughout the UK.

Saw this headline and thought it was going to be some insight on Kad Harris, No one, Hoillet etc... 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Saw this headline and thought it was going to be some insight on Kad Harris, No one, Hoillet etc... ��
    Apologies - predictive text ruined the header

Incidentally I have noticed that Mathew Upson is saying the same thing via BBC text, comparing what influence the Arsenal British players offer the club, versus Tottenham.
    It does make me laugh as there are 2 British players in the arsenal team today against Man City.
    How many Spurs players are British ?

Incidentally I have noticed that Mathew Upson is saying the same thing via BBC text, comparing what influence the Arsenal British players offer the club, versus Tottenham.
    It does make me laugh as there are 2 British players in the arsenal team today against Man City.
    How many Spurs players are British ?
    Spurs had 4 British players in their starting XI yesterday

Giroud has actually had a good season, also Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Saw this headline and thought it was going to be some insight on Kad Harris, No one, Hoillet etc... ��
    Harris can't head anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Giroud has actually had a good season, also Sanchez.
    So are you saying that the current predicament (failure to qualify for the champions league) is mostly down to 2 British team members who are not seen as highly influential anyway ?
    At least Ali and Kane (and both full backs) are always seen as highly influential players for Spurs.
    Unfortunately Ramsey has spent large parts of the season injured.
    I just think Wenger's statement was totally ridiculous.

who cares what wenger says

the biggest talking point here has been of a typo you made, says it all

Re: Wengers latest comments

Edited the header.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Edited the header.
    Bad edit.

Please correct to: Whinger's

So are you saying that the current predicament (failure to qualify for the champions league) is mostly down to 2 British team members who are not seen as highly influential anyway ?
    At least Ali and Kane (and both full backs) are always seen as highly influential players for Spurs.
    Unfortunately Ramsey has spent large parts of the season injured.
    I just think Wenger's statement was totally ridiculous.
    No, I'm saying that giroud has actually had a good season, others around him haven't.

Ramsey in particular has had his worst season for many years. Injuries won't have helped but he has still played 24 times so he hasn't missed huge chunks.
    He's only scored twice all season.

Far from the only underperformer but he has not had a good year.

IMG_20170424_120944.jpg
    Ramsey a couple of years ago

IMG_20170424_120949.jpg

Ramsey this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    IMG_20170424_120944.jpg
    Ramsey a couple of years ago

IMG_20170424_120949.jpg

Ramsey this season.

Didn't know our Aaron played darts.