Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
Still plenty of football violence in Spain, very deeply rooted in right wing / left wing politics as well as local team rivalry, been a couple of death in recent years as well.

Barcelona get about 30,000 tourist a game, more when they play the big teams, i think madrid is no different. Most of those celebrating would have been tourist, but still risky for them and who knows maybe 1 or 2 might have a thick ear this morning.
When i went over i had a ticket in the away end at the Bernabeu.
I heard a bit of commotion so i headed in that direction (being a nosey idiot) only to find that it was nothing so i went up my escalator into the away end. When i got onto the escalator i was amazed to see loads of people with Real Madrid scarfs on. When we got to the top i walked into my block and they walked into theirs. No police presence, no aggro, no nothing!

When i got to my seat i noticed that most of the Barca fans were about 16 year old couples! Real Madrid fan to the side of us were getting quite animated and it was the same people who i shared the escalator with!

I found the whole thing a bit bizarre.

Whilst it was great to see Iniesta and Messi and co play, i found the event a huge let down.