+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: French voters show Welsh the way

  1. #1

    French voters show Welsh the way

    But of course the 'vote labour because we vote labour' brigade would never boot both the Tories and Labour out of Wales. Wales will always therefore be run by politicians who have sold out to these English parties. There is only one choice for me, Plaid Cymru the party of Wales and the Welsh people

  2. #2

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    But of course the 'vote labour because we vote labour' brigade would never boot both the Tories and Labour out of Wales. Wales will always therefore be run by politicians who have sold out to these English parties. There is only one choice for me, Plaid Cymru the party of Wales and the Welsh people
    There is no choice in Wales, Labour have had 18+ years at the WAG, if that was a Conservative administration the left wing brigade would be out throwing paint, marching on the Bay, demanding an to Tory occupation etc. But as it's Labour - that's alright boys - you just carry on - knowing full well your job will not be on the line.....

    As for Plaid - Leanne Wood, is great as a female role model politician that does not speak welsh in charge of a welsh speaking nationalist party, from what I have seen of her - she is pretty clueless - although I did like the bloke from Plaid that had one over on Paxman.

    I may vote Plaid in the local Cardiff council elections as Phil Bale and the Labour are split down the middle and have been ever since he became 'leader'


  3. #3

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Saw a lot of Plaid Cymru placards when I was going through Ely earlier, none for Labour

    Should be interesting

  4. #4

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Saw a lot of Plaid Cymru placards when I was going through Ely earlier, none for Labour

    Should be interesting
    Kick Labour and Conservatives out of Wales for good

  5. #5

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    It is all good in theory. A welsh party fighting for Wales.

    But plaid want independence yet they have gone very, very quiet on that fact.

    Until they provide some logical plans for independence then they can do one.

    Just because they're welsh doesn't mean I should trust them.

    Wales' GDP 55 billion. England's GDP 2 trillion.

    How much of our 55 billion is reliant on England v how much of England's 2 trillion is reliant on us?.

    I think people genuinely don't care if Welsh life turned to abject poverty, as long as the UK died they'd be happy.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 24-04-17 at 14:04.

  6. #6

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Saw a lot of Plaid Cymru placards when I was going through Ely earlier, none for Labour

    Should be interesting
    Cardiff West will be nearly 100% plaid come the locals, it's a really strong area. Shame the Cardiff west constituency for the GE is looking to be a tory one

    http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/elections...eral-election/

  7. #7

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It is all good in theory. A welsh party fighting for Wales.

    But plaid want independence yet they have gone very, very quiet on that fact.

    Until they provide some logical plans for independence then they can do one.

    Just because they're welsh doesn't mean I should trust them.

    Wales' GDP 55 billion. England's GDP 2 trillion.

    How much of our 55 billion is reliant on England v how much of England's 2 trillion is reliant on us?.

    I think people genuinely don't care if Welsh life turned to abject poverty, as long as the UK died they'd be happy.
    The fact that Wales's GDP is so low compared to England's, when it's the English that have been in control for 500 years is an amazing argument for independence, not against it.

  8. #8

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    The fact that Wales's GDP is so low compared to England's, when it's the English that have been in control for 500 years is an amazing argument for independence, not against it.
    That's an interesting spin you put on it.

    Did you vote Leave or Remain ?

  9. #9

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    But of course the 'vote labour because we vote labour' brigade would never boot both the Tories and Labour out of Wales. Wales will always therefore be run by politicians who have sold out to these English parties. There is only one choice for me, Plaid Cymru the party of Wales and the Welsh people
    Peter Frampton did , nobody followed

  10. #10

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It is all good in theory. A welsh party fighting for Wales.

    But plaid want independence yet they have gone very, very quiet on that fact.

    Until they provide some logical plans for independence then they can do one.

    Just because they're welsh doesn't mean I should trust them.

    Wales' GDP 55 billion. England's GDP 2 trillion.

    How much of our 55 billion is reliant on England v how much of England's 2 trillion is reliant on us?.

    I think people genuinely don't care if Welsh life turned to abject poverty, as long as the UK died they'd be happy.
    Just because they believe in independence doesn't mean as soon as they have a majority they're going to say "That's it, we're out"

  11. #11

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    That's an interesting spin you put on it.

    Did you vote Leave or Remain ?
    just saying it how it is mate. Voted to stay

  12. #12

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    just saying it how it is mate. Voted to stay
    So if you voted to stay - I presume it was because of the economic benefits (perceived or otherwise) that Wales received from the EU ?

    In which case why would you choose to leave the UK ? - with whom we get all that money and trade and jobs.

    Or would you like Wales to re apply to join the EU, adopt the Euro as the currency etc ?

    Personally I want to be part of the UK - one country - 4 nations. Maybe after we are independent the people of North Wales would want to split with the rest of Wales - to form the 'real Wales' and have a new capital - where would it end. Anglessey would be the Welsh tax haven after the independent Caldey Island

  13. #13

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Wales and Scotland to rejoin the EU when we finally free ourselves from Parliament

  14. #14

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    So if you voted to stay - I presume it was because of the economic benefits (perceived or otherwise) that Wales received from the EU ?

    In which case why would you choose to leave the UK ? - with whom we get all that money and trade and jobs.

    Or would you like Wales to re apply to join the EU, adopt the Euro as the currency etc ?

    Personally I want to be part of the UK - one country - 4 nations. Maybe after we are independent the people of North Wales would want to split with the rest of Wales - to form the 'real Wales' and have a new capital - where would it end. Anglessey would be the Welsh tax haven after the independent Caldey Island
    I voted to stay because the risk wasnt worth the reward. There was nothing for Wales to gain from voting for brexit, so why bother losing the money?
    In the case of independence, the gain would be massive, so (IMO) the risk of losing the funding from westminster is worth the reward.

    I must add, had Wales been independent, and we have a 'Waxit', then my vote wouldn't have been so clear (I'd probably have verged on leave tbh).

    Can I ask, had you ever thought of Wales' economy being so poor being used as a point for independence before? It's exactly as I see it, but I don't think others will have thought of it that way.

  15. #15

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    I've never considered Plaid but this time Im voting for them. The English parties have had enough chances in Wales but have continuously failed.

  16. #16

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I voted to stay because the risk wasnt worth the reward. There was nothing for Wales to gain from voting for brexit, so why bother losing the money?
    In the case of independence, the gain would be massive, so (IMO) the risk of losing the funding from westminster is worth the reward.

    I must add, had Wales been independent, and we have a 'Waxit', then my vote wouldn't have been so clear (I'd probably have verged on leave tbh).

    Can I ask, had you ever thought of Wales' economy being so poor being used as a point for independence before? It's exactly as I see it, but I don't think others will have thought of it that way.
    go on....
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

  17. #17
    International TH63's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Thornhill
    Posts
    11,967

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    Wales and Scotland to rejoin the EU when we finally free ourselves from Parliament
    You do realise that Wales overwhelmingly voted to leave the EU yeah?

  18. #18

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    The fact that Wales's GDP is so low compared to England's, when it's the English that have been in control for 500 years is an amazing argument for independence, not against it.
    Yes because a country of 3 million should have a higher GDP than a country of over 50.

    A country that once ruled the world and has quite possibly the most powerful city on the planet.

    You are in a dream world thinking we should compete.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 05-05-17 at 10:04.

  19. #19

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Yes because a country of 3 million should have a higher GDP than a country of over 50.

    A country that once ruled the world and has quite possibly the most powerful city on the planet.

    You are in a dream world thinking we should compete.
    Can you point to anything I said that mentioned we should have a higher GDP? If we went purely on population, we have about 1/20th of the population, yet we have 1/40th of the GDP.

    It makes even less sense when we think that most of the coal that funded, as you say, England's empire came from our bloody land!

    It's not about competing with the richest countries, we can't do that. But the state Wales is in now isn't the best it gets, I don't accept that. I hope you don't either.

  20. #20

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    go on....
    Well, for starters we'd be able to make our own laws, make profit on what we export etc.

    Perhaps I should have said potential gains.

  21. #21

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    Well, for starters we'd be able to make our own laws, make profit on what we export etc.

    Perhaps I should have said potential gains.
    Fully agree but unfortunately most Welsh voters like to be tied to parliaments apron strings and fear positive change

  22. #22

    Re: French voters show Welsh the way

    Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    Wales and Scotland to rejoin the EU when we finally free ourselves from Parliament
    No thanks
    Oldie, loves my footy and the horses I do

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •