+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qatar Airways to fly from Cardiff airport

Qatar Airways to fly from Cardiff airport

Re: Qatar Airways to fly from Cardiff airport

Terrific news

If you don't make room for their staff, they chop off your hand.

Great news but they need to get the local Europe flights sorted out too... I just compared prices for a return trip to AMS end of May. Cardiff was £120 more expensive than from Bristol for flights leaving/returning at pretty much the same times. Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Great news but they need to get the local Europe flights sorted out too... I just compared prices for a return trip to AMS end of May. Cardiff was £120 more expensive than from Bristol for flights leaving/returning at pretty much the same times. Crazy
    That ridiculous. We just need a few decent routes really, Berlin, New York, Prague was a good one...Amsterdam to be reasonable not the usual routine price....
    One of best airlines I have been on too, flew to India with them...5 star😎

Qatar on the shirts and the Qatar city stadium, looks good .

Not another fecking Baker! How many of them are there

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That ridiculous. We just need a few decent routes really, Berlin, New York, Prague was a good one...Amsterdam to be reasonable not the usual routine price....
    One of best airlines I have been on too, flew to India with them...5 star��
    CWL also needs a decent low-cost airline like EasyJet too. That will bring in the crowds, they'll spend more, infrastructure can be expanded, which in turn will bring down the airport running costs.

I use BRS every week or so for business, and they really are forging ahead of CWL with huge, modern security check systems, soon to be opened large number of e-passport gates, 30+ gates, constant bus links into Bristol or surrounding area, loads of parking space etc. They reckon they'll be handling >10 million passengers annually in the next year or so, and it shows. I fear that CWL will never catch up.

I hope it leads to a NY to Barry flight. I could come home for Sunday lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    One of best airlines I have been on too, flew to India with them...5 star😎
    Flybe do Berlin from Cardiff. Had a return flight for £64 a month ago.

Wouldn't be great if we had a party in Wales that had enough foresight to understand that, improved transport links would be the icing on the cake, M4 relief road, direct train line to Rhoose airport, however the party that has had in excess of 20 years, would probably just want another public enquiry!! but they'll not even have to consider they might lose their seat, they just know that the sheep will follow as their fathers did, and their fathers before them.

In Barcelona this week, flew from Bristol because it worked out £40 cheaper (each) including parking and bridge charges.

It would take me around 20-25 mins to get to Cardiff but their prices for basic flights are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    In Barcelona this week, flew from Bristol because it worked out £40 cheaper (each) including parking and bridge charges.

It would take me around 20-25 mins to get to Cardiff but their prices for basic flights are crazy.
    Should add that they only fly at 9:45pm from Cardiff arriving around 1am Spanish time, and just three times a week.

Bristol have a Barcelona flight 8-10 times a day.

First Team

It's a start but it all depends if the demand is there.
    Not unusual for an airline to commit to a route but withdraw after a set period.
    As others have said an EasyJet or Norwegian budget airline operation is what is needed.

Great news. No doubt there'll be some negativity from certain posters.

This is really positive news, they do seem to be slowly turning it around.

I really hope they are busting a gut to entice Norwegian air here, as they are offering some incredible deals at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    It's a start but it all depends if the demand is there.
    Not unusual for an airline to commit to a route but withdraw after a set period.
    As others have said an EasyJet or Norwegian budget airline operation is what is needed.
    This decision is the result of years of discussions, Qatar Airways are the third biggest freight carrying Arline in the world, all the hub routes have been worked out, now only if someone in Wales will plan the increased traffic to and from the Airport!!!. It's great news.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Should add that they only fly at 9:45pm from Cardiff arriving around 1am Spanish time, and just three times a week.

Bristol have a Barcelona flight 8-10 times a day.
    Bollocks , two at most

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Bollocks , two at most
    Yep, I've got two.

I just cannot understand for the life of me why there has not been a spur built off the Bridgend line straight to the Airport, instead of the silly situation you currently have where you have to get a poxy shuttle bus from Rhoose. It's about 1.5 miles of track and you would be able to go from Central to directly into the terminal in about 20 mins. The estimated cost is around £15m which is peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I just cannot understand for the life of me why there has not been a spur built off the Bridgend line straight to the Airport, instead of the silly situation you currently have where you have to get a poxy shuttle bus from Rhoose. It's about 1.5 miles of track and you would be able to go from Central to directly into the terminal in about 20 mins. The estimated cost is around £15m which is peanuts.

Surprised the "TOSSERS" down the bay, have not pushed this through for the UEFA Cup Final, to look good in their peers eyes.

Must mean we'll qualify for the 2022 WC.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    And how about a spur off the main line into Rumney, Llanrumney and Trowbridge?, it's chaos in Rumney at the moment at Maerdy Road bridge, just shut the bridge for over a year with no contingency, 20 years of Welsh Labour

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yep, I've got two.

Back to the original quote, when I was booking I had a choice of 7:30, 10:30, 1:30, 4:30, 7:30pm, 9:30pm

Im only going off the options I had at the time, which was only six weeks ago

It is a bit unfair to blame the issues with transport infrastructure on the Welsh assembly. It is an issue going back hundreds of years.
    I recall reading an article analysing our transport network and found it was similar to places in south America and Asia that the infrastructure only existed to extract wealth and resources from said country as quickly as possible.

What other countries' transport networks would look like if they were as daft as Wales. https://t.co/eUUe01RRw4

To make a transport network that keeps wealth within Wales would take huge investment. It is only very recently that the WAG have been given borrowing powers sufficient to embark on a project and the top of the list is the m4 relief road, which will basically use up that entire capacity that has been allowed.
    While London gets many multi billion pound projects funded from central government.