+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qatar Airways to fly from Cardiff airport

Re: Qatar Airways to fly from Cardiff airport

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Back to the original quote, when I was booking I had a choice of 7:30, 10:30, 1:30, 4:30, 7:30pm, 9:30pm

Im only going off the options I had at the time, which was only six weeks ago
    Maybe you didn't select direct route or you got the Ryanair "Barcelona" which is anything up to 200KM away. Easyjet are the only ones running that route directly and currently they offer 2 at most a day. Last week trying to go back to BCN they only had 1 option so i went from Birmingham.

Surely there is already a rail line near the airport?? Never given it much thought. Where does the Barry line go after Barry?? Or the other one to pontyclun can't be far off can it?? Def needs a fast rail link it will be sorted then....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Surely there is already a rail line near the airport?? Never given it much thought. Where does the Barry line go after Barry?? Or the other one to pontyclun can't be far off can it?? Def needs a fast rail link it will be sorted then....
    The Barry line is within spitting distance, but you're way off with the pontyclun one.

The usual line is it'll be a lot easier and cheaper to add more stations to the lines after electrification

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

Back to the original quote, when I was booking I had a choice of 7:30, 10:30, 1:30, 4:30, 7:30pm, 9:30pm

Im only going off the options I had at the time, which was only six weeks ago
    Was the 10:30 via Sydney?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The Barry line is within spitting distance, but you're way off with the pontyclun one.

The usual line is it'll be a lot easier and cheaper to add more stations to the lines after electrification
    Just looking at rail map, says there is a station at rhoose already?? What is the problem with extending it to the terminal then??
    Can't be far....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just looking at rail map, says there is a station at rhoose already?? What is the problem with extending it to the terminal then??
    Can't be far....
    As I've said above, a spur off the line directly into the terminal would be 1.5 miles of track and would cost around £15m. Contrast this to the Eastern bay link road that's nearing completion, which is roughly the same length but is costing approximately £72m.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    As I've said above, a spur off the line directly into the terminal would be 1.5 miles of track and would cost around £15m. Contrast this to the Eastern bay link road that's nearing completion, which is roughly the same length but is costing approximately £72m.
    By my calculations if we could reduce it to 1.4 miles of track it would cost around £14m

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    By my calculations if we could reduce it to 1.4 miles of track it would cost around £14m
    How about a walking escalator​?