+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Qatar Airways to fly from Cardiff airport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Qatar Airways to fly from Cardiff airport

Great news but they need to get the local Europe flights sorted out too... I just compared prices for a return trip to AMS end of May. Cardiff was £120 more expensive than from Bristol for flights leaving/returning at pretty much the same times. Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    Great news but they need to get the local Europe flights sorted out too... I just compared prices for a return trip to AMS end of May. Cardiff was £120 more expensive than from Bristol for flights leaving/returning at pretty much the same times. Crazy
    That ridiculous. We just need a few decent routes really, Berlin, New York, Prague was a good one...Amsterdam to be reasonable not the usual routine price....
    One of best airlines I have been on too, flew to India with them...5 star😎

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    That ridiculous. We just need a few decent routes really, Berlin, New York, Prague was a good one...Amsterdam to be reasonable not the usual routine price....
    One of best airlines I have been on too, flew to India with them...5 star��
    CWL also needs a decent low-cost airline like EasyJet too. That will bring in the crowds, they'll spend more, infrastructure can be expanded, which in turn will bring down the airport running costs.

I use BRS every week or so for business, and they really are forging ahead of CWL with huge, modern security check systems, soon to be opened large number of e-passport gates, 30+ gates, constant bus links into Bristol or surrounding area, loads of parking space etc. They reckon they'll be handling >10 million passengers annually in the next year or so, and it shows. I fear that CWL will never catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    One of best airlines I have been on too, flew to India with them...5 star😎
    Flybe do Berlin from Cardiff. Had a return flight for £64 a month ago.