+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sky q

Sky q

Anyone got this? Any good? How many extra boxes can you have? They don't need a cable run to them, is this right?
    Think I've had enough of paying virgin for 15 years for what now is sub standard wi fi that constantly drops out for Tv apps.....

Re: Sky q

It's ok, but expensive (I have it only because I got a very good deal)

I'm effectively paying 9 quid a month for Sky sport in UHD.

Once the deal ends, I'll get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Anyone got this? Any good? How many extra boxes can you have? They don't need a cable run to them, is this right?
    Think I've had enough of paying virgin for 15 years for what now is sub standard wi fi that constantly drops out for Tv apps.....
    sky q silver one main box and two sub boxes, much smaller than the old sky boxes and no they don't need cables, only the main box needs to be connected to the dish, word of caution they work much better with sky broadband, it caused issues for me with bt infinity

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    sky q silver one main box and two sub boxes, much smaller than the old sky boxes and no they don't need cables, only the main box needs to be connected to the dish, word of caution they work much better with sky broadband, it caused issues for me with bt infinity
    Do they have there own wi fi on them then? So they connect to the hub? I'm looking for a better signal for Tv apps on wi fi as amazon continually drops out in the Tv the kids watch despite only being about 10 ft away ( thru the floor mind) from the super hub.

Do they have there own wi fi on them then? So they connect to the hub? I'm looking for a better signal for Tv apps on wi fi as amazon continually drops out in the Tv the kids watch despite only being about 10 ft away ( thru the floor mind) from the super hub.
    they create a wifi net i believe but the must still be wirelessly connected to a hub,

So only as good with SKY wi fi , now there's a worry

the q box will improve it, as its got a better wifi receiver than the amazon stick / box

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    So only as good with SKY wi fi , now there's a worry
    No, they talk to each over over the wifi in the house, not the internet.

The mini boxes work as wifi hotpot too.

And you can watch live TV & recordings on a your tablet too.

I've had it since July & I think it's fantastic. No more expensive if you already had multiroom too.

I've got it, love it, although the wifi range is still shocking, two paces outside the back door and you're back to 3G.
    You can record 4 shows at the same time and watch a fifth, yeah I know but the Mrs watches a load of American shite.
    Best bit, download a show downstairs, watch it later in bed

I didn't have any issue with BT Infinity with Sky Q. I switched to Sky Fibre as it was a good offer and I'd switch from them once my contract is up for a better deal.

As a new customer then what should I pay a month? Need it in 3 rooms, so main box and 2 mini hubs, no movies (all guff) or sports, decent speed b band.
    £80 or less?

A lot less than that

can you watch different channels in different rooms ( ala multiroom)...i.e. watch movie in one room and have kids stuff on at same time in another ? (what about the 3rd box....could you be watching something different on that as well ?)

cia

Quote Originally Posted by Nicerino View Post
    can you watch different channels in different rooms ( ala multiroom)...i.e. watch movie in one room and have kids stuff on at same time in another ? (what about the 3rd box....could you be watching something different on that as well ?)

cia
    yes and yes

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    A lot less than that
    Sky web site quoted me £70 when I put in a query yesterday. Guess best off calling them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nicerino View Post

cia
    why are you watching kids stuff faggot?