+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car driving on wrong side of M4

Car driving on wrong side of M4

I was driving on the M4 last night about 8:15 when a car came towards me westbound on the wrong side of theM4 between Coryton and Pontprennau. I've looked on the BBC Wales Website and teletext but can't find any report about it. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Re: Car driving on wrong side of M4

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I was driving on the M4 last night about 8:15 when a car came towards me westbound on the wrong side of theM4 between Coryton and Pontprennau. I've looked on the BBC Wales Website and teletext but can't find any report about it. Has anyone heard anything about it?
    Nothing on WOL. Did you phone the fuzz?
    (*Fuzz = old speak for Old Bill)
    Last edited by MacAdder; 24-04-17 at 20:20. Reason: Slang explanation for younger element

Are you sure it wasn't you who was on the wrong side?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

Soxy Boy.... Can you reply to this one way or another please so that we know you are safe?
    Its been an hour since your questiin and concerned you might have crashed whilst texting going the wrong way up the M4!

I am so touched by your concern for my safety and yes, I was on the correct side of the road and it happened last night. I was going to ring the law but they were aware of the problem because it came up on the matrix signs,saying oncoming vehicle,which was a bit too late for me,as the car had already passed me.

Were you in that Ford Focus SOXY?

I am so touched by your concern for my safety and yes, I was on the correct side of the road and it happened last night. I was going to ring the law but they were aware of the problem because it came up on the matrix signs,saying oncoming vehicle,which was a bit too late for me,as the car had already passed me.

I suppose it is also worrying that incidents like this do not make the news. Could they be considered not news-worthy or even commonplace?

Fatty, how do you know I was in a focus,were you the guy driving the car on the wrong side?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I suppose it is also worrying that incidents like this do not make the news. Could they be considered not news-worthy or even commonplace?
    I bet roadworks are to blame in most cases, how else would it happen?

No roadworks in that area last night !

Blog Entries

No roadworks in that area last night !
    On to my question then.

The Germans have a word for such things (i.e. 'Geistfahrer' i.e. Ghost driver).
    We don't seem to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

I bet roadworks are to blame in most cases, how else would it happen?
    I was thinking more along the lines of thrill seekers. I agree with you that many roadworks signs are ambiguous and I've come a cropper on more than one occasion.
    Can't say I've done it on a motorway mind.

Blog Entries

I was thinking more along the lines of thrill seekers. I agree with you that many roadworks signs are ambiguous and I've come a cropper on more than one occasion.
    Can't say I've done it on a motorway mind.
    That would never have crossed my mind as being thrilling tbh

Thanks for the update. Why didn't he just stop or aim for the hard shoulder. They should take his licence off him, he could have killed someone!

That would never have crossed my mind as being thrilling tbh
    Well, crack heads feckin about for a bet like.

Closest we got to this type of thing was bombing down country lanes (Not me) in the night then turning the headlights off for a few seconds.
    I did hang about with some right loons back then.

From the link Mr Shitpeas posted it looks like some old fella with dementia or maybe an old European forgetting what country he's in.
    Then of course it could have been that knobhead I described who just hasn't grown up yet!

There were 102 999 calls to the police reporting the incident.

It's disgusting that so many drivers risked causing an accident because of using their mobile phones. The police must have their numbers and should throw the book at them.

Blog Entries

Closest we got to this type of thing was bombing down country lanes (Not me) in the night then turning the headlights off for a few seconds.
    My mates used to do that, I remember when I was really young, like 6 or 7 my dad used to let me sit on his lap and drive his TR4 down the country lanes with the top down and no seat belts (of course), he would prob get arrested for that now

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    There were 102 999 calls to the police reporting the incident.

It's disgusting that so many drivers risked causing an accident because of using their mobile phones. The police must have their numbers and should throw the book at them.

My mates used to do that, I remember when I was really young, like 6 or 7 my dad used to let me sit on his lap and drive his TR4 down the country lanes with the top down and no seat belts (of course), he would prob get arrested for that now

"LET ME SIT ON HIS LAP !!!

This bits a trifle iffy

From the link Mr Shitpeas posted it looks like some old fella with dementia or maybe an old European forgetting what country he's in.
    Then of course it could have been that knobhead I described who just hasn't grown up yet!
    I had a couple of mates who did that at uni (Stafford, 1970s)
    They said it was so they could see the lights of any cars coming towards them, then they'd put their lights on until the other car had gone.

My thoughts were "what if the other driver was doing the same?!!"

Thanks for the update. Why didn't he just stop or aim for the hard shoulder. They should take his licence off him, he could have killed someone!
    Oh come on, he was only taking a short cut.

TT4? that's just showing off
    My first lesson on the old man's lap was a poxy Morris 1000.
    He only let me after he'd had a few pints though!

I was driving along the m4 yesterday and I thought I saw Irish music legend Van Morrison in my rear view mirror. What a fool I felt when I remembered that things appear reversed in mirrors, it was actually a Morrison's van.