+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Future Sanitised Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Future Sanitised Football

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You can't really have it both ways though. If you want the panelists to stop going on about single incidents in games like suspect dives (which I agree with by the way), then I can't see that giving month long bans is going to help. That will just give the two second incident even more importance and they'll talk about it more. Should he banned? What about this one in another game? What if we compare it to this one from November?

Imagine if Hazard had dived last night and got a five match ban, that would be it for the season for him. Pundits and journos would be talking about it everywhere you turned.
    After the first 5 game ban you would see a dramatic change in players diving ability. Its cheating , simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    After the first 5 game ban you would see a dramatic change in players diving ability. Its cheating , simple.
    Diving isn't a simple yes or no so I doubt that, but my point is that it would become a massive talking point if there were bans of that length.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Was talking about this the other day and my suggestion was a 5 game ban, for any 'diving' or gross exaggeration of any contact made.

If it's identified during the game, give an automatic red card.

Exaggeration following the slightest of contacts is just as bad.

I recall Rooney getting a penalty and the keeper sent off for a minimal toe to toe contact. Rooney was looking for it and was already in the process of diving prior to the minimal contact.

Players should be embarrassed by this type of behaviour, when you consider how players of yesteryear would get kicked from pillar to post and would still try to ride the tackles and get up without any fuss.

There has to be a happy medium, protect the players from bad tackles and protect the game from cheating.

For any further offences give, for example a 10 game ban.

It would stop in an instant.

Also introduce that by playing in ALL British leagues, they accept that when the player is not eligible for work due to his cheating, then their wages for those 5 or 10 games be put into a fund for developing young British players throughout Britain.