+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future Sanitised Football

Re: Future Sanitised Football

I've been to sporting events all over the World, and CCS is the only venue that I've ever been asked to 'open your jacket' before entering.
    It's as if they are actually trying to piss people off.
    Stewards down there are absolutely ruining the match day experience with their over the top antics. put a hi viz on some of these guys (AND woman!) and they make complete fools of themselves.

I'm not so sure I'd be happy with "volatile" but I guess that depends on your definition.
    Banter is great and chants/songs can be funny without being offensive - personally I cringe every time I hear the "land of your fathers" song, but that's just me I guess.
    Also agree with the open coats thing - I remember dragging myself down there in January with a stinking cold, pissing down with rain ticket in one hand cup of coffee in the other and being asked to open my jacket - I'm a middle aged fat bloke and one look at me would tell you I'm not carrying anything offensive and if I were it would be in a pocket, if your going to check people for weapons, flares or horror of horrid a plastic bottle of pop with the lid on then at least check properly.
    As someone else said, I'd love to see divers get a straight red and/or a long ban, but it's probably unfair to put that much pressure on a ref if he gets it wrong.

First Team

I don't mind the new football experience that much although there are bits that I can get annoyed about.
    However, compared to the mess that was the mid 70's through to the renaissance of football ( allegedly after Italy 1990) in the UK then I definitely don't mind what we now have.
    The grounds and facilities were atrocious, even as an innocent the chances of being caught up in something nasty were reasonably high, especially away from home and the general treatment from the railway staff, police, stewards was awful.
    If you thrived on all that era included then good luck to you but I miss those days like I miss a hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he killed himself as he was accused to sexual assault of a 17yr old boy in the USA and escaped back to England as he knew that being gay in maryland ( i think, i could check, but on my phone ) was at the time illegal and he thought he would not face a fair trial

We all take different things out of football, you want your team to win, others also want their team to win, but are happy with a little banter

Talking of Banter on that day, the blond winger from Torquay who when city fans started chanting " are you Justins boyfriend " did the camp teapot stance everytime he came up to take the corner, i guess he saw it as banter aswell

different times back then i guess, football fans were not so precious
    Can count yourself lucky you got the chance to get the bantz in before he killed himself.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I'm not so sure I'd be happy with "volatile" but I guess that depends on your definition.
    Banter is great and chants/songs can be funny without being offensive - personally I cringe every time I hear the "land of your fathers" song, but that's just me I guess.
    Also agree with the open coats thing - I remember dragging myself down there in January with a stinking cold, pissing down with rain ticket in one hand cup of coffee in the other and being asked to open my jacket - I'm a middle aged fat bloke and one look at me would tell you I'm not carrying anything offensive and if I were it would be in a pocket, if your going to check people for weapons, flares or horror of horrid a plastic bottle of pop with the lid on then at least check properly.
    As someone else said, I'd love to see divers get a straight red and/or a long ban, but it's probably unfair to put that much pressure on a ref if he gets it wrong.
    Diving has to be stamped out, and it's easy to do if a ref's panel look at replays (after the game) and retrospectively apply a ban or even points deduction. It would take some guts from the FA or FL though.