+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Future Sanitised Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Future Sanitised Football

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Was thinking on why I have attended City games over the years, and decided there were a number of reasons , from a belonging and an allegiance to my home town , being a big footy fan,both in playing and watching , and importantly the attraction of match day banter,edginess, volatile atmospheres , humorous /extraordinary chant/ songs , the later few listed in bold could disappear as we move to a more sanitsied sport ,and PC correct world , question is would the removal of the banter ,risky edginess, stop you attending ,as in my view it brings a unique attraction ,that does not exist in many sports , other than perhaps certain cricket events.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    in the late 80's early 90's if the game had been the same as it is today, i would never have got involved in it, everything you have in bold is what attracted me to the game and sadly has now disappeared

as a benchmark, look at the torquay game in 93 ? ? ? that had it all, from the moment you got of the train to the time you got of the train in cardiff, it had it all, good times
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've become reconciled to believing that I think differently to most other City fans, so it's probably me, but I don't get how any one who claims to be a supporter of Cardiff City can look back on a match we lost and say it "had it all".

my post was in reply to the OP ( whom iI quoted )

the Torquay game had all of the points he mentioned " match day banter,edginess, volatile atmospheres , humorous /extraordinary chant/ songs " if you failed to see it or appreciate it at the time, you were doing something wrong

my post was in reply to the OP ( whom iI quoted )

the Torquay game had all of the points he mentioned " match day banter,edginess, volatile atmospheres , humorous /extraordinary chant/ songs " if you failed to see it or appreciate it at the time, you were doing something wrong
    That's the game where some of our supporters spent all match slaughtering a player who later killed himself after he had come out as gay wasn't it. What great banter, it must have been almost as good as singing "Gas a Jack" about another suicide victim - I failed to appreciate both at the time, but it didn't feel like I was doing anything wrong, I just wanted my team to win.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's the game where some of our supporters spent all match slaughtering a player who later killed himself after he had come out as gay wasn't it. What great banter, it must have been almost as good as singing "Gas a Jack" about another suicide victim - I failed to appreciate both at the time, but it didn't feel like I was doing anything wrong, I just wanted my team to win.
    he killed himself as he was accused to sexual assault of a 17yr old boy in the USA and escaped back to England as he knew that being gay in maryland ( i think, i could check, but on my phone ) was at the time illegal and he thought he would not face a fair trial

We all take different things out of football, you want your team to win, others also want their team to win, but are happy with a little banter

Talking of Banter on that day, the blond winger from Torquay who when city fans started chanting " are you Justins boyfriend " did the camp teapot stance everytime he came up to take the corner, i guess he saw it as banter aswell

different times back then i guess, football fans were not so precious

I've been to sporting events all over the World, and CCS is the only venue that I've ever been asked to 'open your jacket' before entering.
    It's as if they are actually trying to piss people off.
    Stewards down there are absolutely ruining the match day experience with their over the top antics. put a hi viz on some of these guys (AND woman!) and they make complete fools of themselves.

he killed himself as he was accused to sexual assault of a 17yr old boy in the USA and escaped back to England as he knew that being gay in maryland ( i think, i could check, but on my phone ) was at the time illegal and he thought he would not face a fair trial

We all take different things out of football, you want your team to win, others also want their team to win, but are happy with a little banter

Talking of Banter on that day, the blond winger from Torquay who when city fans started chanting " are you Justins boyfriend " did the camp teapot stance everytime he came up to take the corner, i guess he saw it as banter aswell

different times back then i guess, football fans were not so precious
    Can count yourself lucky you got the chance to get the bantz in before he killed himself.