+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jamie Mackie....

Jamie Mackie....

Good as done according to the other side...

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2017/0...s-this-summer/

Re: Jamie Mackie....

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

Well he is head of recruitment you know. Plus he's responsible for putting together the players contracts

If you read it all, no where does it say its as good as done, what it does say is that, it is down to Mackie whether he would accept our wage structure, have a dig if needed, but not just for the sake of it, is it not that time of year when we are all after player info whether true or not??
    Last edited by Igovernor; 26-04-17 at 06:18.

Did ***** really write that? Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's right mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

I won't bother clicking the link

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Did ***** really write that? Wouldn't be surprised at all if it's right mind.
    Yeah, he could have done. Its not very well written.

grammar police at it again

I'd wait until the club officially announces whether or not they've signed anyone! I for one won't believe anything that comes from the 'cut and paste' forum.

Not sure I'd be that impressed with this signing.
    He's 31, and not really the style of player who tends to play well into their 30s, as evidenced by the last few seasons where he has contributed very little.
    His scoring record is worse than 1 in 6 at this level overall, and in the last 2 seasons 1 in 16.

Its a lazy rumour, and one we will see countless times over the summer.

Its a player that has worked with Warnock in the past and is available. If/when nothing happens it goes back to the manager was interested but the player wanted a higher wage.

Im sure we will see this hundreds of times this summer, accompanied by every players that played for Warnock/is Welsh/played for Cardiff.

"I have it on good authority" ffs probably some Spanish waiter

It's a pretty obvious link noting Warnock used to manage Mackie, although I recall reading a month or two ago that QPR have a further 1 year option on his contract & Holloway was keen to exercise it.

If thats the extent of our ambition?
    Top six my arse!!

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I'd wait until the club officially announces whether or not they've signed anyone! I for one won't believe anything that comes from the 'cut and paste' forum.
    I think it's being directed to his website not the forum?

The whole thing is only 7 sentences, but the word Mackie is there 9 times!

Meh. He works hard but achieves little.

Well if ***** said it then it must be gospel

I just wish he as my boss because every time he mentions someones weekly wage it goes up by a grand or in the case of Ricky Lambert by 5k a mention
    Last edited by Michael Morris; 27-04-17 at 12:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Meh. He works hard but achieves little.
    'Meh' is how I feel about this if he signs for us.

Maybe two or three years ago but he is now pretty slow and quite frankly we need attacking players with a bit of pace having been pedestrian for years until Hoilett arrived and NW started playing and getting decent performances out of Harris and Zohore.

For Jamie Mackie, read Greg Halford. Neil Warnock trusts Halford and has used him pretty often in away games especially. I've not looked it up, but my feeling is that our record when Halford features is not too bad at all - maybe it was Halford who Warnock was talking about in his latest press conference rather than Sean Morrison?

I'm like what I suspect is the large majority of City fans - I was underwhelmed at the signing of Halford and little I've seen from him so far makes me want to change my mind, yet I keep on going back to that QPR fan who told in October to expect underwhelming signings that work from our new manager - Mackie signing for us wouldn't sell many season tickets, but Warnock talks about wanting better options off the bench and he, like Halford, would probably do that.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 28-04-17 at 11:00.