+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Election really all about Brexit?

Re: Is the Election really all about Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    How much do the top rate tax payers contribute to the income tax take ?

Answer - More than a quarter of income tax (+25%) is paid by the 1% of taxpayers with the highest incomes.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies says that about 90% of income tax is paid by the 50% of taxpayers with the highest incomes, while more than a quarter is paid by the richest 1%.

This is where John McDonnell got caught out by the facts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39641222 - well worth a read
    What is your point?

This election about having strong and stable leadership,strong and stable leadership,strong and stable leadership,strong and stable leadership. We get it May. You have been told to say this time and time again by your spin doctor because you are so thick you can't think for yourself.

Dear God she is the worst PM in my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This election about having strong and stable leadership,strong and stable leadership,strong and stable leadership,strong and stable leadership. We get it May. You have been told to say this time and time again by your spin doctor because you are so thick you can't think for yourself.

No; Gordon Brown was.

And Corbyn would be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    No; Gordon Brown was.

And Corbyn would be even worse.
    May has done nothing since becoming PM.She is a puppet for Murdoch and Dacre. Brown was far brighter than she ever will be.
    As for Corbyn he is not a leader but then again nor is May.

May has done nothing since becoming PM.She is a puppet for Murdoch and Dacre. Brown was far brighter than she ever will be.
    As for Corbyn he is not a leader but then again nor is May.
    May has been hamstrung to a large extent by Cameron ridiculous 2015 manifesto and his complete lack of any forward planning for Brexit.

Brown is a clever man but he did not show this as PM.

May is a free better leader than Corbyn (which is not saying much!!) .though I do have my reservations.

And she is over egging the pudding with this strong and stable stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    My point being - that Labour plans seem to be based on increasing corporation tax (even though lowering it bought in more money) and the other Labour rhetoric that the well off are getting clobbered, when the facts tell a different story - as you will see when you read it
    All I wanted to know was whether people thought earning 70k meant someone was rich.

Clearly the McDonnell quote is bollocks, I am quite surprised they needed to waste a page fact checking it.
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 27-04-17 at 19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    May has been hamstrung to a large extent by Cameron ridiculous 2015 manifesto and his complete lack of any forward planning for Brexit.

Brown is a clever man but he did not show this as PM.

May is a free better leader than Corbyn (which is not saying much!!) .though I do have my reservations.

And she is over egging the pudding with this strong and stable stuff.
    I am not saying I want to go back to the days of Blair or Cameron but watching May and Corbyn go at it during PMQs is tragic. Are we really surprised that neither want to do a TV debate?

Elwood mentioned the worst PM in my memory - it's trimmer Cameron by a distance as far as I'm concerned. James Callaghan deserves to be in the running for opting not to go to the country in autumn 1978, months before the winter of discontent and Gordon Brown was poor, but Mrs May is showing that she has the potential to be a strong candidate once reality bites for her.