+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David Moyes charged over that slap comment

Re: David Moyes charged over that slap comment

Stuff like this does my head in, people are becoming such big babies over trivial stuff.

For all the grief he got over this he might as well have actually slapped her.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Stuff like this does my head in, people are becoming such big babies over trivial stuff.

For all the grief he got over this he might as well have actually slapped her.
    It's blown out of proportion, and I realise the irony of me saying that after making about half a dozen posts in this thread, but having worked with bullies who think they're above punishment and can get away with passive-agressive intimidation, I think the minimal grief he's had is justified.

Though it's the 'she didn't complain' comments that I mainly disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Of course there was, he was trying to intimidate her into asking him nicer questions next time instead of doing her job. He tried to make it in what he thought was a jokey way but there's no question about what his intention.

Maybe this is the first time he's ever tried to influence a reporter, in which case he's very unlucky it was caught on tape. More likely is that he's done it before and the other journos who cover his matches are probably relieved.
    Interpret it however you want if it'll prove your point.

Much like managers swearing and pushing officials every ten seconds, trying to influence them.

Do never see reporters line of questioning as an attempt to intimidate?. To make managers collapse under the pressure. They hold nothing back at times.

It's blown out of proportion, and I realise the irony of me saying that after making about half a dozen posts in this thread, but having worked with bullies who think they're above punishment and can get away with passive-agressive intimidation, I think the minimal grief he's had is justified.
    What if he'd said "clip round the ear" to a male journalist? Nobody would have batted an eye over it.

This is less about improper conduct or bullying and more about the fact that someone had the temerity to say the words "slap" and "woman" in the same sentence.

Blog Entries

People's jobs and careers is a bit different to anonymous posting on a messageboard.
    I think that's what they call 'mansplaining'

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Mike! He's picking on me.
    You knows you luves it:---

i think the real issue here is, nobody has charged the people who say " if he`d been offered 1-1 at the start he would`ve ripped his arm off" .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You knows you luves it:---

I do prefer the banter environment if I'm honest, I have always been like that though, the djing world is mostly men too so I'm used to it, perhaps that's why I see things like I do, I can also see where Lardy is coming from though after thinking about it a bit more, there are probably many people who might not complain or stick up for themselves so it's good to know that there are people who would step in and defend them when needed, I just don't think it was needed on this occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I do prefer the banter environment if I'm honest, I have always been like that though, the djing world is mostly men too so I'm used to it, perhaps that's why I see things like I do, I can also see where Lardy is coming from though after thinking about it a bit more, there are probably many people who might not complain or stick up for themselves so it's good to know that there are people who would step in and defend them when needed, I just don't think it was needed on this occasion.

I can just imagine the mouthful you give out if some cretin asks for this at the end of the night.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=agadoo&spf=386

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I can just imagine the mouthful you give out if some cretin asks for this at the end of the night.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=agadoo&spf=386

Hey, this isn't the John Terry's Mum thread ;)

david moyes is a ****ing slag

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm guessing if i said that in work and anyone complained I'd be disciplined
    Or you might get a slap.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    It is laughable.
    Just goes to show what a sad world we live in.
    Well it was a silly comment to make, especially that "she will need to be careful next time she visits the stadium". She asked a legitimate question and his response was silly.

However, surely someone could have just had a word with him and asked him to apologize. What a waste of time and resources going through a formal charge process when it could have all been sorted with a quiet word. It's not like he's tweeting threats to North Korea