Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
This appears to be a popular game so on that basis I would expect a large proportion of those who have travelled regularly in the past to go. Although I cannot speak for everyone, I go to the majority of away games myself & virtually all of the regulars I know are going to Serbia (& also Moldova & Georgia).

I know that some people have been voicing concerns similar to yours to Corky & he mentioned that the FSF will discuss with the FAW at a forthcoming meeting (I think that he said it's on Friday). The FAW could maybe look to invoke checks to ensure that this scenario doesn't happen & personally I would not have an issue with this as long as it was not too onerous. That said if results drop off I would expect it to be a temporary measure as I would guess that a fair number of those now wanting tickets will drift away & we will return to having few issues as far as away tickets are concerned.

Stage 1 only requires 4 out of the last 9 away games so you don't have to have been the most avid of fans to qualify, although I can certainly understand frustrations if people cannot get tickets as a result of those higher up the pecking order buying them & not going. If it can be proved that this is a common issue then I am in favour of something being done to prevent it.
Do you really think 2,200 people will go?

I don't.

I think tickets might sell as they are so cheap and people will get a tick in the box for buying one. But as far as actually travelling I'd be really surprised if that many went.