+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 NEWCASTLE UNITED. Matchday thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 NEWCASTLE UNITED. Matchday thread

Match facts

• After going unbeaten in their first 21 home league games against Newcastle between 1922 and 1981, Cardiff have lost each of their last four.
    • The Magpies have won each of their last nine league games against Cardiff, scoring 24 goals while conceding only five in that period.
    • Newcastle's nine-game winning run against Cardiff is their joint-longest against an opponent in league football, also winning nine consecutively against Walsall between 1893 and 1961.
    • Neil Warnock has not won a home game against Newcastle since a 3-0 victory as Notts County boss in April 1991, losing five and drawing one in all competitions since.
    • Following their victory over Preston on Monday, Newcastle became 21st team to be promoted straight back to the Premier League in their first season after relegation.
    • The Bluebirds have lost just once in their last 10 home Championship matches (W7 D2).

Re: CARDIFF CITY v NEWCASTLE UNITED. Matchday thread

Club saying 22,000 sold so far for tonight. I assume that includes the geordies.

Zahore has today signed a new contract. Good news

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Match facts

• After going unbeaten in their first 21 home league games against Newcastle between 1922 and 1981, Cardiff have lost each of their last four.
    • The Magpies have won each of their last nine league games against Cardiff, scoring 24 goals while conceding only five in that period.
    • Newcastle's nine-game winning run against Cardiff is their joint-longest against an opponent in league football, also winning nine consecutively against Walsall between 1893 and 1961.
    • Neil Warnock has not won a home game against Newcastle since a 3-0 victory as Notts County boss in April 1991, losing five and drawing one in all competitions since.
    • Following their victory over Preston on Monday, Newcastle became 21st team to be promoted straight back to the Premier League in their first season after relegation.
    • The Bluebirds have lost just once in their last 10 home Championship matches (W7 D2).
    Rubbish first half.

Who on EARTH is......Keith Andrews, one of the Sky pundits? I have Googled him and still never heard of him. Just like that Adam Virgo. Who is seriously interested in the opinions of barely journeyman footballers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Rubbish first half.

Who on EARTH is......Keith Andrews, one of the Sky pundits? I have Googled him and still never heard of him. Just like that Adam Virgo. Who is seriously interested in the opinions of barely journeyman footballers?
    I take it you've not watched much championship football in the past ?

Either way he's spoken with quite a good knowledge I feel tonight, first punditry I've heard from the bloke but he sounded like he knew everything about our season. Maybe you prefer the likes of Shearer and Ian Wright who only offer us soundbites.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale View Post
    I take it you've not watched much championship football in the past ?

Either way he's spoken with quite a good knowledge I feel tonight, first punditry I've heard from the bloke but he sounded like he knew everything about our season. Maybe you prefer the likes of Shearer and Ian Wright who only offer us soundbites.
    I like Andrews as a summariser. Virgo is terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Rubbish first half.

Its nice to see good old fashioned footballers instead of the usual gravy train droning on scousers and failed ex Man U players who have failed in managements

377 games , 44 goals, Irish International. as I remember half decent player.

Sorry for the comment I was at the game , not watching it on TV ,well sort of, was a bit worse for wear ,being last game and all .

I see it was a case of quality more than quantity for the Match Day Thread.

Seems like the posters are On the beach with the players! :sadfacesmiley: