+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: iTunes match / Apple Music

iTunes match / Apple Music

I've used iTunes Match for a couple of years but now it seems like I don't need it as Apple Music will do the same thing for half the price.

Anyone expert in this to offer some advice?

My email from Apple says I don't need Match anymore as I am an Apple Music user (which to my knowledge I'm not).

Re: iTunes match / Apple Music

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I've used iTunes Match for a couple of years but now it seems like I don't need it as Apple Music will do the same thing for half the price.

My email from Apple says I don't need Match anymore as I am an Apple Music user (which to my knowledge I'm not).
    Check your bank account. Apple Music is £9.99 per month! Match I believe is £21.99 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Check your bank account. Apple Music is £9.99 per month! Match I believe is £21.99 per year.
    Aah. That's the bit I didn't notice (and they didn't mention in the email). I'll stick with match then. Cheeky sods.

I didn't know that you were dating, Mike. And looking for low-hanging fruit, it seems.

Aah. That's the bit I didn't notice (and they didn't mention in the email). I'll stick with match then. Cheeky sods.
    Best thing to do IMO is always back everything up to an external hard drive, if you're using a mac, time machine back up is better than laying out for iTunes Match.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Best thing to do IMO is always back everything up to an external hard drive, if you're using a mac time machine back is better than laying out for iTunes Match.
    Match suits me. I have my full music library on my desktop and on my phone. Then I can stream to the ipad and laptop when needed.

To be honest all my music is digital. If my hard drive crashed and I lost it all I wouldn't mind as I'd just stream / youtube. I don't listen that often.