+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruno manga will he stay or will he go?

Bruno manga will he stay or will he go?

Same old same old imo. Warnock meeting his agent today to ask if its worth us even commencing contract terms? What the hell is going on here. This farse has been going on for three seasons with his agent trying to big him up but no offers have ever materialised? I say we offer him a standard champ salary comparable with other players at the club and if the agent doesnt like it ...... **** HIM!!

Re: Bruno manga will he stay or will he go?

But he is way better than most other players at the club so deserves a better wage.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    But he is way better than most other players at the club so deserves a better wage.
    No he doesnt at all. 70 appearances in 5 seasons not all starts either. Hes had enough of the clubs money. His appearances with his £25k a week eages and his £5m transfer fee works oyt at £125k per appearance. The gravy train is over

If he goes there will be trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    If he goes there will be trouble.
    But if he stays he'll be on a lower wage.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    But if he stays he'll be on a lower wage.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    No he doesnt at all. 70 appearances in 5 seasons not all starts either. Hes had enough of the clubs money. His appearances with his £25k a week eages and his £5m transfer fee works oyt at £125k per appearance. The gravy train is over
    5 SEASONS ?

As he didn't sign for City from Lorient until 2014 how do you work that one out ?

Clearly you can't see class but you love shyte oh Slade bummer.

Is he the best CB in the Championship? Should he be paid a premier league wage if not?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    5 SEASONS ?

As he didn't sign for City from Lorient until 2014 how do you work that one out ?

Clearly you can't see class but you love shyte oh Slade bummer.
    The cost per game remians the same you wether its 3,4 or 5 seasons you lame brain and as for shite ( i assume thats the word you "tried" to spell) we will all have seen enough of those since slade departed? But to get back to Manga .... He couldnt lace Huds or Tuners boots as a proper centre back in the championship.

The cost per game remians the same you wether its 3,4 or 5 seasons you lame brain and as for shite ( i assume thats the word you "tried" to spell) we will all have seen enough of those since slade departed? But to get back to Manga .... He couldnt lace Huds or Tuners boots as a proper centre back in the championship.
    Let's see your maths.

5 seasons?!? WTF

How does the cost per game remain the same if the salary expenditure is completely different if he was here for 3,4 or 5 seasons you absolute beaut?

Manga is obviously a class player but a combination of injuries and African Nations commitments adversely affected his time with us. Throw in his hefty salary and he is a luxury we can no longer afford.

While both Hudson and Turner were quality championship players and loyal servants neither were good enough for the premiership.

The question is are Bamba, Morrison and Connelly good enough to make the top 6? Personally I believe we will need an upgrade if we are going to be contenders.

Did anyone manage to read that post without having the guitar intro in their head?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How does the cost per game remain the same if the salary expenditure is completely different if he was here for 3,4 or 5 seasons you absolute beaut?
    He's great isn't he.You have to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Let's see your maths.
    Ok lets have a go at this.
    He cost £5m plus £675k agents fees which you can lookup. Divide £5.675m by 73 games is £77k a game
    He has earned £25k a week for 3years not 5 my mistake. Thats £3.75m into 73 games is £51k a game so the cost per game is £128k per game?
    Agreed?

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Manga is obviously a class player but a combination of injuries and African Nations commitments adversely affected his time with us. Throw in his hefty salary and he is a luxury we can no longer afford.

While both Hudson and Turner were quality championship players and loyal servants neither were good enough for the premiership.

The question is are Bamba, Morrison and Connelly good enough to make the top 6? Personally I believe we will need an upgrade if we are going to be contenders.
    Agree with the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs

The "luxury we can't afford" in your 1st paragraph depends on our ambition and what we can get him to accept to stay.

I see Manga as a John Stones type of player in that he is so much a better footballer than your run of the day mill centre halves. Like Stones, he is prone to making errors because of his style of play, unlike say a no nonsense player like Bamba.

If we were to be in a position for promotion this time next year, after VT and NW have 'performed' then we will need to recruit Bruno Manga type players, i.e. those who can cut it the next level up.

Use all your nous to keep him here Neil and make the figures tally

Manga is one of the few quality football players in our side .

I agree you have to work out whether we are getting value with him through injuries etc, its a no brainer for me , first name on the team sheet every week.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Agree with the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs

The "luxury we can't afford" in your 1st paragraph depends on our ambition and what we can get him to accept to stay.

I see Manga as a John Stones type of player in that he is so much a better footballer than your run of the day mill centre halves. Like Stones, he is prone to making errors because of his style of play, unlike say a no nonsense player like Bamba.

If we were to be in a position for promotion this time next year, after VT and NW have 'performed' then we will need to recruit Bruno Manga type players, i.e. those who can cut it the next level up.

Use all your nous to keep him here Neil and make the figures tally
    Agree he is probably good enough to play at the next level but how many games a season will he play?

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Agree he is probably good enough to play at the next level but how many games a season will he play?
    When we get to the, ahem, promised land again, he won't need to play that many

Someone like Sunderland will snap him up, pay him big wages and hope they get promoted again quickly. So he stays at the same levels as , gets more money and has the chance to step up to the Premier League (which he won't get with us). There again I'm probably wrong.

If I was a top end Championship manager I'd be looking at out of contract players like Manga, Whitts, Harris, Joe Ledley, Frazier Campbell, and Wayne Hennessey. All would involve no fees and clubs like Sunderland could afford them. I just hope none of ours go to Swansea!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Someone like Sunderland will snap him up, pay him big wages and hope they get promoted again quickly. So he stays at the same levels as , gets more money and has the chance to step up to the Premier League (which he won't get with us). There again I'm probably wrong.

If I was a top end Championship manager I'd be looking at out of contract players like Manga, Whitts, Harris, Joe Ledley, Frazier Campbell, and Wayne Hennessey. All would involve no fees and clubs like Sunderland could afford them. I just hope none of ours go to Swansea!
    agreed, i think free transfers is going to be the route we will be going down in the summer. If i was harris, id want to stay and play for warnock. I think whits and manga will go.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    He's great isn't he.You have to laugh.
    The figures are there and everybodys silence towards them is defeaning!!
    Personally i think all the pro manga supporters needs help.
    They are deluded........ Nobody else wants him for a fee if they did theyd have had this year last year or even the year before? Hes a liability in any team. 1 good game in 3 sums him up. To think we gave our champ winning capt away for nothing and paid £5m for manga...... And £3.5m for morrison. Neither have come anywhere near huds and turner in the champ for us and yet some lunatics on here think manga would be "even better" in the prem. these people need therapy.

I assume you tried to spell farce in your OP