+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kenneth Zohore in talks over contract extension

Blue in the Face

Kenneth Zohore in talks over contract extension

But will the Newcastle game be a home farewell for Whitts?

Cardiff City have held talks with top scorer Kenneth Zohore about extending the striker's contract.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39732695

Zohore, 23, has scored 13 goals this season having joined from Belgian club KV Kortrijk in the summer of 2016.

"I've spoken to him a few times in the last few weeks," said Bluebirds manager Neil Warnock.

Cardiff are also discussing a new contract for winger Kadeem Harris, whose current deal expires at the end of the campaign.

"I think it's in his [Harris'] best interests to stay and play for someone who will give him an opportunity," said Warnock.

"We've had discussions, quite healthy ones. "I think he's improved under me, and become more of a regular.

"The opportunity is there for him to try and establish himself.

"He's had a few years of him not being able to command a position. The opportunity is there for him to decide."

Harris joined Cardiff from Wycombe as an 18-year-old in 2012 and initially found it difficult to establish himself in the first team.

Now 23, he has enjoyed a breakthrough season, making 37 appearances in all competitions - the most he has made in any single campaign throughout his career.

Warnock is also hopeful that fellow winger Junior Hoilett will extend his stay having signed on a free transfer in October.

The Canadian's contract expires at the end of the season too, but Warnock says he has "no worries" about the former Queens Park Rangers player staying at Cardiff City Stadium.

Whittingham and Manga futures yet to be decided

Warnock was less certain when asked about the future of midfielder Peter Whittingham, another player whose contract expires at the end of the season.

As one of the club's top earners, Whittingham has previously been asked to take a pay cut if he is to extend his record as the Bluebirds' current longest-serving player.

"Nothing's changed. I've not spoken to Peter or his advisors for three or four weeks," said Warnock.

"We decided to get games out of the way and have a little bit more time, when we won't be training for a few weeks other than just ticking over.

"Not just Peter, I'll speak to a quite a number of players the week after the season ends."

The situation also remains unchanged with centre-back Bruno Ecuele Manga, who Warnock has previously said is doubtful of staying at Cardiff and has even said he has a replacement lined-up for.

The Gabon international is another of the highest earners at the club and his contract is also up at the end of this season.

"Nothing has changed. I'm actually seeing his agent this afternoon (Thursday)... so I'll know more about him later on," said Warnock.

"I only want to talk to him to know if there's an opportunity [of him staying]. I know Bruno is happy here, it depends if there are offers from a broad. He loves the broads he does"
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 27-04-17 at 15:29.

Re: Kenneth Zohore in talks over contract extension

Why is Zohore in contact talks with Warnock?!?!

He'll have to run his proposed salary past **** the horrible first.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why is Zohore in contact talks with Warnock?!?!

He'll have to run his proposed salary past **** the horrible first.
    why is Warnock running his talks past the " opening of his alimentary canal through which his solid waste leaves his body".

I know Bruno is happy here, it depends if there are offers from a broad. He loves the broads he does"

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    why is Warnock running his talks past the " opening of his alimentary canal through which his solid waste leaves his body".
    He's not he has to run them past ***** Abraham our chief of players contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He's not he has to run them past ***** Abraham our chief of players contracts.
    Never heard of him, is he part of the backroom team ?

I'm glad we are being proactive in tying players down and not letting them run down their contracts. It's imperative we give Zohore a long deal being our biggest asset

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm glad we are being proactive in tying players down and not letting them run down their contracts. It's imperative we give Zohore a long deal being our biggest asset
    Hes definetely the biggest asset we have ...... Bout 16st

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Comfortably our most valuable player at present. It's been a long time since we made big gains on a player, as in sold for a lot more than was aquired for. But hopefully we can get a great season out of him next year. If NW can get the midfield and flanks right, there's no reason why Zohore can't improve further. He should be aiming at breaking into the Danish senior side over the next year too.

We are bound to have some very serious interest in Big Ken.
    Keeping him, and keeping him happy is a real indicator as to where the club is, and where the club wants to be.

Up until recently we would not have even expected to see him next season.

Just signed a new contract.