+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Which league is stronger

Which league is stronger

Thinking about the sidy sarr thread, I wonder how strong that league is compared to the championship.

My initial gut feeling is that the championship is stronger, but the juliper league had 2 teams in the Europa league quarter finals and 3 in the last 16 - there's no way championship teams would have lasted that long.

Perhaps the clubs at the bottom are weaker, but how do we know that?

Looking at the average squad values for the 2 leagues they are actually pretty similar.

Which would you say was the stronger and by?

Re: Which league is stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Thinking about the sidy sarr thread, I wonder how strong that league is compared to the championship.

My initial gut feeling is that the championship is stronger, but the juliper league had 2 teams in the Europa league quarter finals and 3 in the last 16 - there's no way championship teams would have lasted that long.

Perhaps the clubs at the bottom are weaker, but how do we know that?

Looking at the average squad values for the 2 leagues they are actually pretty similar.

Which would you say was the stronger and by?
    Think the Championship is slightly the stronger league in terms of depth, but I agree with you - the top Belgian sides would be among the better outfits if they were transported into our league. If last season's top six in the Belgian League were in this season's Championship, my guess is that at least one of them would go up automatically and they'd have a presence in the Play Offs, on the other hand, put the bottom six in our league and even Rotherham might have been fancying their chances of staying up .

I think the championship is slightly better because there are more stronger teams to play against than KVK's league which is an ideal level to trial future bluebirds players from around europe and then loan/sell them to us.

I would love to see Idriss Saadi given a proper chance along side Ken.

This Ukrainian winger might be worth a look at for at least a trial, he is currently on loan to KVK from Shakhtar Donetsk and valued at around £1m. A central midfielder that can play on both wings. A replacement for Noone??

http://uk.soccerway.com/players/andr...vytsky/301161/

I would love to see a tournament comprising of Tans 4 clubs just to see how strong our team really is!!!

First Team

Almost impossible to say.
    Certainly on the evidence of the European results I would argue that the top teams are a step above anything in the championship.
    When it comes to depth of quality then maybe there is an argument but I guess we will never really know. The Championship is certainly an interesting league that has very few poor teams that a win is almost guaranteed. Probably not fair to make the comparison in anything more than a general discussion as there can be no definitive answer over pure speculation. However, I would say that I have enjoyed the few games I have managed to get too this season far more than the handful of games that I have seen over there.