Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Body Language

Body Language

Harris.... Gone in the summer
    Whittingham..... Gone in the summer.

Warnock on Noone... gone in the summer.

Re: Body Language

That was Goodbye from Whitts.

Never see him show any emotion even after some of his goal of the season contenders but he was not happy getting the hook then.

Warnock blanking him also spoke volumes.

Agreed. The contract offer is there for him if he wants it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Agreed. The contract offer is there for him if he wants it though.
    He doesn't fancy taking an 80% pay cut and then giving half his appearance money to that crook Warnock

I hope these guys can stay strong and stable.

Fair point. Didn't realise it was 80%. As for warnock being a crook that's petty strong.

Fair point. Didn't realise it was 80%. As for warnock being a crook that's petty strong.
    I don't know what he's been offered tbh but you can bet it's a shit offer knowing he won't sign just the club saving face.

It's well known in football circles that Warnock has his fingers in the pie when it comes to players bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He doesn't fancy taking an 80% pay cut and then giving half his appearance money to that crook Warnock
    Problem is that Whittingham can only command the wages that Warnock and the club feel he will be worth. Past glories won't come into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Problem is that Whittingham can only command the wages that Warnock and the club feel he will be worth. Past glories won't come into it.
    Nevermind we can replace him with another Greg Halford

Nevermind we can replace him with another Greg Halford
    You'd hope not. Sad as it is, Whittingham has been a shadow of his former self for some time. I still think he has something to offer, but, let's be honest, it's not going to be 46 games a season as City's main midfielder.

You'd hope not. Sad as it is, Whittingham has been a shadow of his former self for some time. I still think he has something to offer, but, let's be honest, it's not going to be 46 games a season as City's main midfielder.
    Not disputing that but in a dead rubber he deserved better than that.

Past glories might not count for his next contract but after 10 years service he deserved better than that substitution.

Not disputing that but in a dead rubber he deserved better than that.

Past glories might not count for his next contract but after 10 years service he deserved better than that substitution.
    In terms of the game or in terms of Whitts?

Was the intention to sub him so that the crowd could give him the applause he deserved ?

In terms of the game or in terms of Whitts?
    In terms of Whitts.

In terms of the game he was no worse than anyonelse. We just keep smashing the ball over his head it's an awful watch.

Deluded Warnock felt we were the better team?!?!?

Was the intention to sub him so that the crowd could give him the applause he deserved ?
    No they just put the question to Warnock and he said he played poorly

In terms of Whitts.

In terms of the game he was no worse than anyonelse. We just keep smashing the ball over his head it's an awful watch.

Slade's tactics were similar to Warnock's. I'd even say we played more football under Slade. Hoof ball and set pieces. It's dire stuff.

In terms of Whitts.

We had the better chances in the second half, mainly after Whitts went off, not that I'm saying that's the reason btw as Newcastle switched off a bit after they went 2-0 up.

If the manager thought we could get back into the game by bringing Whitts off, then I can understand that.

No they just put the question to Warnock and he said he played poorly
    I didn't hear that, said we had the best chances to which I thought he was right, poor finishing, not his words, mine.

We had the better chances in the second half, mainly after Whitts went off, not that I'm saying that's the reason btw as Newcastle switched off a bit after they went 2-0 up.

If the manager thought we could get back into the game by bringing Whitts off, then I can understand that.
    So can I. If it was Whitts last home game ( which we don't know ) normally the manager does sub them so they get a personal ovation which undoubtedly he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    I didn't hear that, said we had the best chances to which I thought he was right, poor finishing, not his words, mine.
    He said he played poorly but has done well for him this season. He doesn't play every game but he knows that. Not my words, his.

He said he played poorly but has done well for him this season. He doesn't play every game but he knows that. Not my words, his.

As I said not what I heard, said he had an offer on the table but knows he wont play every game.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    As I said not what I heard, said he had an offer on the table but knows he wont play every game.
    You need to clear your earring aid out pops

He didn't say anything about an offer on the table he said he'd be talking to all of his out of contract players

It's pretty clear from Whitts reaction tonight he won't be signing for Warnock
    Last edited by J R Hartley; 28-04-17 at 21:32.

You need to clear your earring aid out pops

He didn't say anything about an offer on the table he said he'd be talking to all of his out of contract players

Nothing wrong with my hearing butt and don't be put off with my moniker it's just a name.
    Did he say Noone's finishing was poor? or all our chances was poor finishing! No he just said we had the best chances. As I said, again, I did not hear him say Whitts was poor, if i'm wrong i'll stand corrected.

No problems there. I'm presuming by that, Whitts won't accept a huge drop in wages. You've already agreed that he won't be a main player in our midfield next season and that past glories won't count when negotiating a new contract, so you surely won't have a problem with that.

No problems there. I'm presuming by that, Whitts won't accept a huge drop in wages. You've already agreed that he won't be a main player in our midfield next season and that past glories won't count when negotiating a new contract, so you surely won't have a problem with that.
    Where did I say I had a problem with it?